• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

If You Order From Pecatonica Beware Of Shipping Issues With USPS

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing I found that can help is one's own local post office. I had a shipment cycling through three USPS distribution centers for weeks. I tried the National USPS lack of Help Line with zero results. I called my small town local postmaster who went into their system and did some action online that put a hold on it and something that required a manual physical search and intervention. Situation was resolved in two days.

When I mentioned this to another small town USPS postmaster she said she had never heard of or been trained in what to do in a case like that. So sounds like I got lucky as well.

This post is to inform about shipping issues, and not meant to criticize the quality of Pecatonica River Long Rifle Supply's products in any way, shape, or form. I sent Pecatonica a very nice piece of curly black walnut to be carved into a half stock. They got the work done in a timely fashion, and reported that the finished stock had amazing figure, and turned out well with no issues. I paid my bill and they shipped it via USPS Priority on January 16. USPS showed the stock left the facility in Shirland, IL late afternoon on January 17. On January 21 it was reported "in transit" to another facility. At that point any further tracking information has ceased. According to the USPS site I am supposed to be able to make a claim on the package after January 22. When I attempt that it tells me I'm not eligible. An employee at Pecatonica to me they had had some of their packages sit in the USPS system in Chicago for three weeks during January. I understand that weather was an issue in the northern tier during this time period. If you order from Pecatonica my recommendation is that you specify implicitly shipping through another source besides the USPS. I hope my stock turns up, but I'm afraid the longer that beautiful piece of wood sits in a USPS facility the more chances it has of being destroyed, lost or stolen. Again, ask Pecatonica to ship via another shipping company. NOT the UNITED STATES POSTAL
About 10 days ago I sent a rather sizable sum of Postal Money Orders ( a Postal employee even put them in a special thin cardboard smaller envelope and mailed it for me ) . I was sending it from SW Missouri to Portland, OR. Clerk said it would take 3 days. Have been in touch with the intended recipient about my sending it and later tracking info. Several days ago the tracker said the envelope had arrived at the PO in Portland and was en-route to the Destination address. As of this evening it has not been delivered yet. Recipient also says he has not seen it yet.
It was for a musket I bought from another Forum member.

This post is to inform about shipping issues, and not meant to criticize the quality of Pecatonica River Long Rifle Supply's products in any way, shape, or form. I sent Pecatonica a very nice piece of curly black walnut to be carved into a half stock. They got the work done in a timely fashion, and reported that the finished stock had amazing figure, and turned out well with no issues. I paid my bill and they shipped it via USPS Priority on January 16. USPS showed the stock left the facility in Shirland, IL late afternoon on January 17. On January 21 it was reported "in transit" to another facility. At that point any further tracking information has ceased. According to the USPS site I am supposed to be able to make a claim on the package after January 22. When I attempt that it tells me I'm not eligible. An employee at Pecatonica to me they had had some of their packages sit in the USPS system in Chicago for three weeks during January. I understand that weather was an issue in the northern tier during this time period. If you order from Pecatonica my recommendation is that you specify implicitly shipping through another source besides the USPS. I hope my stock turns up, but I'm afraid the longer that beautiful piece of wood sits in a USPS facility the more chances it has of being destroyed, lost or stolen. Again, ask Pecatonica to ship via another shipping company. NOT the UNITED STATES POSTAL Fed and state taxes and check that went with it/
This post is to inform about shipping issues, and not meant to criticize the quality of Pecatonica River Long Rifle Supply's products in any way, shape, or form. I sent Pecatonica a very nice piece of curly black walnut to be carved into a half stock. They got the work done in a timely fashion, and reported that the finished stock had amazing figure, and turned out well with no issues. I paid my bill and they shipped it via USPS Priority on January 16. USPS showed the stock left the facility in Shirland, IL late afternoon on January 17. On January 21 it was reported "in transit" to another facility. At that point any further tracking information has ceased. According to the USPS site I am supposed to be able to make a claim on the package after January 22. When I attempt that it tells me I'm not eligible. An employee at Pecatonica to me they had had some of their packages sit in the USPS system in Chicago for three weeks during January. I understand that weather was an issue in the northern tier during this time period. If you order from Pecatonica my recommendation is that you specify implicitly shipping through another source besides the USPS. I hope my stock turns up, but I'm afraid the longer that beautiful piece of wood sits in a USPS facility the more chances it has of being destroyed, lost or stolen. Again, ask Pecatonica to ship via another shipping company. NOT the UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE!

USPS lost my Fed tax return including a check mailed 22 Feb '24. If I were not so old and my truck's treads getting thin I could have hand delivered it in an hour. It has tracking with signature required. Lately USPS has been losing mailed out bills which were closely watched until they left my mailbox.

Wow! Not even a picture of that Beautiful stock after all that?????

And go with who? UPS? Fedex? They all suck.
Ted Fellows yearons ago shipped me in Georgia his masterpiece (made to order rifle) from his shop on the west coast area by Pony Express. The poor shape now-days of USPS I would prefer any shipment be handled by The Thief Of Bagdad or Rawule of Mexico.

Latest posts

Back