• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel Hunting Attire

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m wondering what everyone wears when they go squirrel hunting. When I was a kid, I would go all out with my light weight camo bibs and t shirt, hat, there were a few time when I even painted my face :)

I’ve since moved into either plaid flannels and jeans or a camo T-shirt and jeans.

I’m sure there’s a wide range of opinions, but just curious what everyone wears when they are out chasing squirrels with a muzzleloader.

Weather depending I have a heavy hand sewn wool coat that I use. Fleece lined blue jeans are nice when I’m out for the day. Again it’s all dependant on the weather
Whatever I wear I spray it with permethrin, don’t want tick bites thank you.

IMG_9021.jpeg

Depends on state where I hunt in some places I have to wear orange others no orange is required. I usually wear my brown frock (Will have it on Saturday for turkey opener too) where no orange is needed. If I have to wear orange clothing colors irrelevent.

For my squirrel hunting style and technique, I am adamant about wearing camo while squirrel hunting, at least with my Traditional Muzzleloader. Its not always due to the squirrels.

Last edited:
Back