• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Show us your flintlock squirrel rifles!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had posted this rifle a while back. Don't have many pictures, but here she is, 32 caliber:
32cal4.jpg

32cal3.jpg

32cal2.jpg

And NO! The lock is NOT on the wrong side, nor are the pictures reversed!!

Roy said:
Its what they call shell maple :v

Thanks Roy. I haven't heard of "shell maple" until now. Is it hard to come by? Do you have any more photos of that rifle you can post? Closer views of the wood, perhaps?

Please let us know all you can about this "shell maple". i.e.: is it hard maple, red maple, a maple of its own, etc, etc. Thanks for whatever else you can share.

BEAUTIFUL stock wood, I say!!! :surrender:

Its the pattern, I have seen it in red and in sugar maple. This one is red maple. I am off my feet for a few days, I will get more pics when I can :thumbsup:

mazo kid said:
I had posted this rifle a while back. Don't have many pictures, but here she is, 32 caliber:
32cal4.jpg

32cal3.jpg

32cal2.jpg

And NO! The lock is NOT on the wrong side, nor are the pictures reversed!!

Amen! Beautiful rifle. That lock is right were it should be. :grin: Left handed people are in their right mind.

Roy: My apologies for not recognizing the legendary Mr. Stroh!
Robby: WOW, as in WOW!
RiverRat: That's the purtiest Bean I have ever seen, and what a fabulous idea to use maple that the worms had customized.
This has been one of the most inspiring threads on Claude's forum in some time -- at least for me.
Thanks all.

BillinOregon said:
RiverRat: That's the purtiest Bean I have ever seen, and what a fabulous idea to use maple that the worms had customized.
This has been one of the most inspiring threads on Claude's forum in some time -- at least for me.
Thanks all.
Thank You Bill. I must say that I have a eye for talented worm carving :thumbsup:

heres mine! shes got a green mountain 50 cal barrel, siler lock and davis triggers. the carving and engraving and wire inlay is beautiful!

castlerock015copy.jpg

sniper68 said..... my 36 cal,36" tapered Moodie bbl., with Forsythe rifling.. By Steve Zhin.

A .36 caliber with Forsythe rifling? This confuses me. :confused:

Back