• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Show us your flintlock squirrel rifles!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My first build... .32 Douglas barrel
IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1752.jpg

Here's a .25 I built a little while ago. 48" swamped Rayle barrel, Hand forged buttplate and trigger guard. Brass pipes, copper sideplate inlays and a Chambers late Ketland lock.
br1.jpg

bf4.jpg

br3.jpg

It's a fourty, but it kills them all the same.
DSCN0608.jpg

DSCN0609.jpg

DSCN0610.jpg

DSCN0611.jpg

DSCN0613.jpg

Roy, If I remember correctly, that gun shoots every bit as good as it looks! :thumbsup:
Mike, .25, wow, that is really nice! :thumbsup:
Robby

:thumbsup: great looking guns..

Robby, It has its issues, but its still a great gun. The only one that I haven't sold lol. Made a smoothie a while back, gave it to Dad so I couldn't sell it either :haha:

Robby,

That rifle is absolutely stunning! I mean...I'm weak in the knees and experiencing heart palpitations just looking at the photos. I'm smitten! What can you tell us about her?

Razor, Thank you, much appreciated, The barrel is .40, A weight, Rice, 44" long, small Siler lock, the wood blank I got from Mike Barton if I remember correctly. The furniture is all Iron (steel). I wanted to make something that was light, and looked light as well. I used fowler B/P, T/G, beat and filed them to go along with the quasi-lehigh look. I figured I could get away with them on that style of gun. It is a far better shooter than my old eyes can take full advantage of. Thanks again.
Robby

Here is a copy of a JG Gross or maybe a Baxter Bean. It was built by Mark Wheland. It has a Getz 45" barrel in .40cal. Mark had this piece of maple laying around that the worms started to eat. I thought that would add a nice touch to the gun. You can see some holes on the forearm.
tennesseegun001.jpg
tennesseegun002.jpg
tennesseegun003.jpg
tennesseegun005-1.jpg
tennesseegun006.jpg

Man, I am loving these squirrel guns! Skychief, thank you for starting the topic. And you other fellows, thank you for sharing your pictures and stories.

Lobo

Hey Stumpie, last summer at the Blue Ridge rondy,
I hit one of those orange 1" square exploding targets at 90 yards and won $73.00. I hit another exploding target at 70yds and the group I was shooting with called it quits. Those set triggers are nice!

Latest posts

Back