• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shooting Marbles?? Is that smart?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we could ever get together...I'd help you lose some of those marbles!
They are fun to shoot, especially at steel!
I never though replacing a lead ball with a marble would draw so much attention or be so controversial. I am definitely not going to mention using wax as a projectile…..

If we ever do get together to shoot some marbles, I’ll supply the marbles and 4F powder. Imagine just saying that load combination out loud will be considered a one way deep dive into the abyss by some.

Keep posting your videos.

As a novelty target, shooting marbles would be pretty challenging.
Too big..😉

Golf tees & match sticks are more challenging..😎

0E223955-7566-4513-86CE-4A8D2E7AA2EF.jpeg

AB0A452E-376C-4CEC-A0A5-C11C2FF60C39.jpeg

4E6DE83F-2C20-494D-A53D-2A86199CD2F6.jpeg

8847C5BF-3C4A-4B9A-857D-EAC73D0B9321.jpeg

When a person often post videos on Youtube....there is always some that disagree and occasionally others are brutal with comments. That's all part of being in the public spotlight. As a former bill collector, there isn't anything I haven't already heard or read in the comments. I offer my blessings to those folks and move on.
I use that same gun in a .600 lead ball shooting video a few days after this one was finished. I'll be posting it soon. That rugged smoothbore works just fine.
Thanks for watching....
I made a YouTube video of myself shooting shotgun slugs out of a smoothbore, maybe 50 people watched it and I STILL had a guy literally say he "counted my steps and I made 18 steps, no way did I shoot to 50 yards " I'm like yeah ok , there's always the miserable, vile people who hate themselves so much they will listen to a guy's steps on a YouTube video to try to accuse them of lying 😃

Glass is fragile, but it’s pretty damn hard and abrasive. A marble shattering in the bore and scraping its way out at 1200 FPS probably wouldn’t be good.

The smooth exterior of the marbles should not damage anything.
I would try some patched marbles in an appropriate caliber gun.

I'd try shooting marbles through something like my Indian .65 smoothbore that I don't really care about, with light loads so they don't shatter.

I had an opportunity to shoot a few marbles from a smoothbore per request by a viewer.
Not as many as I wanted to shoot due to a loading FAILURE...!!

Good video, Mark. If you want a Canoe Gun I recommend going much shorter than 28", as you mentioned. I converted a 35" barrel, 45 caliber, percussion rifle to a Canoe Gun by cutting it down to 18". I would have gone shorter but, I wanted it to still fit on my gun rack.

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 0
I saw a video where a guy was testing penetration with a steel ball, from a muzzle loader, against blocks of wood. On his first shot the steel ball bounced back and hit the shooter right between the eyes. Luckily, he only had a large goose-egg and some bleeding from that experience. As you can imagine, that was the end of the experiment.

I never though replacing a lead ball with a marble would draw so much attention or be so controversial. I am definitely not going to mention using wax as a projectile…..

If we ever do get together to shoot some marbles, I’ll supply the marbles and 4F powder. Imagine just saying that load combination out loud will be considered a one way deep dive into the abyss by some.

Don't know about wax bullets in a muzzleloader but in a revolver, they work just fine with a reduced charge of smokeless powder, used a bunch of them indoors at close range when working on the fundamentals of revolver shooting.

Brass is expensive anymore though. Not being critical at all but what’s the point?
Many areas are now non-toxic projectiles only for all hunting and even sometimes target shooting. There are workable options for cartridge guns. Not many for m/ls.

I can supply all the 3F powder you need to shoot those marbles too...LOL
Thanks for watching it....

Latest posts

Back