• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

On My Recent Trip To Peru

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just returned from a 10 day excursion in Peru. Now of course we did all the tourist stuff looking at rocks etc.... However the biggest surprise on my last day was this museum outside Lima! I have traveled all over the world touring primarily weapons museums. This one is the the most incredible I have ever seen. This is probably the largest private collection historic firearms anywhere in the world. It took me over two hours to photograph all the black powder firearms. I would like to share pictures here, however there may be some other arms mixed in. The museum is laid out that way. I am not sure the moderators will allow me to post pictures of specific guns with a other guns mixed in? In my opinion the historical significance of this collection warrants a trip down just for this collection.

IMG_8087.JPG

IMG_8458.JPG

IMG_8459.JPG

IMG_8529.JPG

Congrats on your son’s graduation. I’m sure you’re proud. Now about this museum…I don’t even know what to say. The sampling you’ve posted is amazing. Can’t wait to see what else you post up.

the biggest surprise on my last day was this museum outside Lima! I have traveled all over the world touring primarily weapons museums. This one is the the most incredible I have ever seen. This is probably the largest private collection historic firearms anywhere in the world.
Peru is on our list of places to visit, just hasn’t moved to the top of that list yet, but this is an unexpected interesting and impressive collection. Might move Peru up a bit.

I know this is a private museum collection, so maybe not a fair question, but if you have been to the Musée de l'Armée in Paris, how do the firearm collections compare? The Musée de l'Armée left quite the impression on me.

Just returned from a 10 day excursion in Peru. Now of course we did all the tourist stuff looking at rocks etc.... However the biggest surprise on my last day was this museum outside Lima! I have traveled all over the world touring primarily weapons museums. This one is the the most incredible I have ever seen. This is probably the largest private collection historic firearms anywhere in the world. It took me over two hours to photograph all the black powder firearms. I would like to share pictures here, however there may be some other arms mixed in. The museum is laid out that way. I am not sure the moderators will allow me to post pictures of specific guns with a other guns mixed in? In my opinion the historical significance of this collection warrants a trip down just for this collection.

View attachment 276457
View attachment 276458
View attachment 276459
View attachment 276460
Morena mule brain .
Incredible.
You must have had to pinch yourself...just to make sure you hadn't died & gome to muzzleloader heaven 😉
Tatou for putting the photographs up.

Latest posts

Back