• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Guys vs Young Guys 2011, ends July 31st

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK Swampy, mine will be in the mail tomorrow as I finally got to the range today. My grand plan was to shoot pistol, flint musket and three shots with my squirrel gun. I took the squirrel gun, range rod and greased patches. Due to CRS I did not take any ball for the squirrel gun! So I shot my three shots with my North Star West officers model musket. I shot a tight group but off center because I also forgot my spotting scope! I hope my
CRS ( Can't Remember Sh...Stuff ) don't hurt the
Old Farts

Early in the month of July I had a case of CRS also. I took my squirrel rifle and everything to shoot it with but only had pre-printed targets, no 81/2 x 11 plain paper. hHad to wait till my next trip to shoot my targets for record...................watch yer top knot..............

You boys have nothing on one of our shooters, He cleaned his rifle at home, before coming to a shoot, and showed up without his lock!!!
Mark

Swampy,
Check's...er, target's in the mail. :grin: :grin:
I didn't read the rules too clearly, either. If I had known I could sit, well....
I couldn't get back up to the mountains so I hope this is good enough.

Vtsmoker said:
You know what they say...It ain't the age it's the milage. My mileage ranks right up there with the elders :haha:

+! :thumbsup:

I drove it like I stole it for probably 40 of my 45 1/2 years..... My dad told me I'd pay for it when I got old.... Well, it feels like the payment came due a bit early! :surrender:

BTW... target's in the mail... and did I mention that I joined "THE DRY BALL CLUB" immediately prior to firing my first shot in this contest? :redface:

Well, finally got the splint off the busted wrist. It was a little stiff but I was finally able to shoot the target this weekend.
It'll go into the mail today.
Pete

Sent mine off in the mail TODAY! You know, the kids on the other team need to realize that we're not old at all; we were simply born a long time ago. :wink: :v

I tore up my knee at work, so I am down and out for this event. Will be a couple weeks before I am mobile enough to get to the range.

Sorry guys. Just hope I am well enough for hunting at the end of August.

Flaydermaus said:
Swampy,
Shot today; target in the mails tomorrow :thumbsup:
It was a great day here in W PA, 102 degrees;
102% humidity; 100-102 shots to get three on the same target :surrender: :surrender:
Yessir, a Great Day :bull:
Shreck

I though we got three shots! :haha: I didn't even take a "fouler".
HeadSlapSmiley.gif

Stumpkiller,
The first 99 WERE foulers...the last 3 were all I had left :wink:
I thunked a " fouler " was one of them duck huntin' guns...thanks for clearing that up :thumbsup:
Shreck

Swampy,
High humidity hang-fire :surrender: :surrender:
The other two were regular flinches :rotf: :rotf:
Shreck

Bilder,
Dont worry about us, just make sure you get well so you can help us out next time the old geezers need us to show em how this shooting thing is really supposed to be done.

Back