• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Old Guys vs Young Guys 2011, ends July 31st

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like i shoulda left my target nailed to the backboard then we coulda beat em by alot more :grin: I just hate bein' last, guess I gotta go practice alot more with the old flinter!!

That said, it sure was a hole lotta fun

If you're having fun it's worth doing! That's what it's all about. :hatsoff:
Don't forget to shoot the flint vs cap contest AND Swampy's Aliens. Twice the fun! Maybe 3 time!

I was having real hard time seeing my sight, and I laid my glasses down to reload; forgot to put them back on, and realized I can see the rear sight better wihout them! I practiced yesterday until I ran out of caps. More practice next week. A little embarrassed by my score. :redface:

yea, it was fun and all in fun but in any equal way of scoring it (top 4 scores from each team would be the usual way) or even the top 15 from each team (a fair way)the old timers are the winners.
Deadeye

Yeah any shoots I've been involved in usually toss out the top and bottom scores and use the rest. I suppose I could have just given him the best 15 but oh well, let em puff out their chests for now. :haha: :blah:

CIMG0687.jpg

Can you believe this?? Without my glasses!!

Not bad for a capsmaker, glad your on my team!

Keep that target, and if you get a better one, well send it in for the cap vs flint match.

That's a dang nice target Mike.

Them glasses you were wearing for the contest... Are you SURE they were yours? :haha:

Long story. I had been using .530 Hornady swaged balls, and ran out. So I switched to the Hornady box that was in my bench bag, and didn't look at it closely. They are .535, and with a .014 patch, pretty tight. Matter of fact, I had to pound them in. Anyway, once I got that ironed out, the thing with the glasses came up.
So I was shooting, and the glasses were forgotten, and this is what I came up with. But, alas, I only read the top post of yours with the rules, and rested my elbows on my knees. Then when I got home, I saw the new or adjusted rules. I still like the target though.
Had my eyes checked today, and the doc says my astigmatism in my shooting eye has changed, and that's the cause of the glasses problem.

Gentlemen (and I use that term very loosely).... without my glasses I can't see well enough to tell IF I have sights at all..... :surrender:

Bein' last aint so bad, look at it this way, at least someone else fells better!
Or, you could say, I was going for high score?
It's all in fun, burnin' powder and all. I shot some really crappy targets before I ran out of time and had to send one in, I thought I would do much better.

Back