• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

March 2022 Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Il be shooting March in a few minutes, while I'm resting may I be so bold as to propose a old man eyes targets for one month :D :thumb: , in the circle is worth 100 points ;)
8-inch-circle-template-01.png

WELL DONE !!! 👍 👍
I been hesitant to shoot this one 😆, them circles will disappear at 25 for my eyes. I will be using the Force to aim LOL
When I first looked at the target after I printed it I think I may have swallowed a couple times. Go for it!! May the force be with you!

Ok got it done despite the mud, we had a good bit of rain last day or so. Due to them teeny dots I used my .50 cal wrong handed flintlock PensylTuckyLancasterishTennMtnthangRifle with homemade Peep rear sight 🧐. Light load of 40grn 2f Old Enyford and over powder wad.
20220309_155747.jpg
20220309_164309.jpg

Last edited:
shot mine today. put it out yesterday but the day went sideways and i didnt get to shoot. then it snowed on the target. Instant green shamrock!
anyway, here it is.
this tc is really shining for me. hardened the frizzen and not one misfire or klatch!
those wild shots were from me shivering! 20* my story and i'm sticking to it!:D

Attachments

• 20220309_171721.jpg
    20220309_171721.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 45
Ok I just printed my target. This ought to be interesting, last week I had at least 6 misfires. I hope I fixed my problem. Gonna giver heck.

Well, I can say the luck of the Irish was not with me today, but I had fun. This is my first time shooting flint off hand, this is not easy. I was happy to hit the paper 6x! I still have the six shooter in my back pocket. Maybe Sunday
.45 42” using 3f schutzen with .440 and .018
View attachment 128942View attachment 128943
That’s a nice looking rifle!

The weather was nice today although a little windy. I figured I'd shoot the March target. It turned out pretty much like my last few attempts. Not real good but I had fun. I keep thinking I'll do some off hand practicing but never seem to get around to it until the next month's target.
S5FPGGs.jpg

Kibler SMR, 440 RB, 40 grains of 3F, .015 spit patch
Thanks again for running the shoots!

The weather was nice today although a little windy. I figured I'd shoot the March target. It turned out pretty much like my last few attempts. Not real good but I had fun. I keep thinking I'll do some off hand practicing but never seem to get around to it until the next month's target.
S5FPGGs.jpg

Kibler SMR, 440 RB, 40 grains of 3F, .015 spit patch
Thanks again for running the shoots!
I’d say that’s darn good shooting. I wish I was smart enough to color in the circles. I had a hard time seeing them

Back