• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

March 2022 Postal Match

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heading to the range tomorrow for some much needed practice and relaxation so I decided I'd try my hand at my first postal match. Apparently everyone burned through all the ink in my printer.. I'm gonna try to fill in the blanks with a sharpie but this is not off to a good start! Will update tomorrow.
IMG_20220319_212837.jpg

Heading to the range tomorrow for some much needed practice and relaxation so I decided I'd try my hand at my first postal match. Apparently everyone burned through all the ink in my printer.. I'm gonna try to fill in the blanks with a sharpie but this is not off to a good start! Will update tomorrow.View attachment 129191
Alright, got my poorly printed target fixed with a sharpie and shot today..

.50 Renegade
.490 cast round ball
60 grains 3F GOEX
.018 ticking/ Frontier's patch lube

Didn't do as well as I'd hoped, the middle three bulls I dropped low as I fired. Oh well! It was fun getting out shooting and a beautiful day in St. Louis! I'll mail it off tomorrow. -Justin
IMG_20220320_140728.jpg

Got mine shot this morning. Fighting the wind but that's the historically correct part; if it was 200 yrs ago and I depended on my rifle for survival, I'd better learn how to shoot in a 40 mph wind.

Pedersoli Frontier .50 cal percussion
50 grains Triple 7 2fg
.010 patch
.490 ball

25 yds off hand, the good, the bad and the ugly....
March 2022 MLF Target.jpeg

Will scan it and email tomorrow.

Thanks for hosting the match,
RR
photomania-81d18db85b8240a4d8c2e390c3e36e76.jpg

ps....the new buffler powder horn works great! :)

Last edited:
For your entertainment...
I picked up this T/C Renegade a couple of months ago. This was only my second time shooting it. I went through different patching material and found that JoAnn's mattress ticking works OK.

So, I put up the target and shot two and dryballed....
Got that cleared, and before the seventh shot I had swabbed....and left it a bit moist in the barrel and "wet balled" it. After four caps and no smoke along with it being late in the day, I called #7 a miss...fire.
The sights need a tweak or two. I think.
ML ForumTarget March 2022.jpg

ML ForumTarget March 2022 Renegade.jpg

T/C Renegade
50 Cal RB
40g 3F
Mattress Ticking
Bear Paw's Patch Lube

Last edited:
Holy Cow! There was some good shooting this month! Seems like everyone is figuring out my targets! I may have to make things a bit harder in the future!

1. Lonewalker 50pts- pennytuckylancaster
.50cal flintlock.

2. RanchRoper 45pts- frontier .50
percussion.

3. BCayton 40pts- kibler smr

4. Mad Irish Jack 35pts- .54cal early.
lancaster 44" swamped Colerain barrel

5. Crooked creek 30pts- .50 tc renegade

5. Justin .44 30pts- .50 tc renegade

5. .40cal 30pts- .40cal flintlock

6. EBSAILS 25pts- pedersoli Kentucky. 45

6. 11th corps 25pts- .40 poor boy flintlock

7. Surrywoodsman 20pts- traditions .50.
Pennsylvania

Really great turnout and great shooting guys!

Chris

Latest posts

Back