• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Guys vs Young Guys 2011, ends July 31st

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got out back this morning before the heat and shot my target. Will send it out by tomorrows post rider...

BrownBear said:
Geeze. I decided it was time to break the drought and shoot a little yesterday. Got all set up and discovered I'd left the targets back home. Set up something else to shoot. Discovered I'd grabbed an empty powder horn. Filled that from a spare can in the shooting box and discovered I'd grabbed a bag of .490 balls for my 58 caliber. Threw up my arms and went home to vacuum like my wife asked.

Is keyboard shooting allowed in this match? :rotf:

Oh god, hope thats not contagious! :shocked2:

Hey first to 20 wins right??

Team Old Farts,
Swampy
Makeumsmoke
Mad Irish
Grey Whiskers
Flaydermaus
PaulN/KS
Mike Brines
RC
Pete D
Capper
grzrob
Snowdragon
Homesteader
Brownbear
Buford
Marc Adamchek
Stumpkiller
jake2255
Papa :grin:

Papa said:
Jethro,
I've got one here with a 72" barrel. That long enough?
Mark

Gettin' there. 'Nother 23 yards and you'll be able to hit that target. :thumbsup:

Team Old Farts,
Thats 20! I win! Oh wait.... :hmm:

Swampy
Makeumsmoke
Mad Irish
Grey Whiskers
Flaydermaus
PaulN/KS
Mike Brines
RC
Pete D
Capper
grzrob
Snowdragon
Homesteader
Brownbear
Buford
Marc Adamchek
Stumpkiller
jake2255
Papa
Danscottgerm

Jethro's keeping our team sekret on account of he don't want the old guys to get scart and run :haha: :stir: Of course that 18th century "turrett gun" Roys got does give us a bit of an advantage :rotf:

Hard to measure center of the paper when the paper goes away after three shots.. :idunno: :haha:

Well, Swampy, I got 'er started off. :thumbsup: I went an hanged m' target up 'ere on the range. Fired 'em three shots, an' pulled it off. :grin: I'll be senden 'em on to y'all when I kin gets back in the home place fer a bag an' stamp. Hope at's real soon like. :hmm: My wife is real tickered off et me. She's astandin' 'round the homeplace armed wit' a roller pin an' some butcherin' knives. :surrender: She says I gots t' git someone ta fix 'em 'er three holes in the oven door kozzin she can't bake nothing no more with the heet gitten out the holes. :slap: Don't be understander her kuz she said I kud shot my target et the range taday. Womans, never kin understand 'em. :idunno: :rotf: :rotf:

Vtsmoker said:
Jethro's keeping our team sekret on account of he don't want the old guys to get scart and run :haha: :stir: Of course that 18th century "turrett gun" Roys got does give us a bit of an advantage :rotf:

:rotf: Old guys run? Maybe shuffle away vigorously... :rotf:

Here's Team Young Pup's so far:

Jethro224
Skunkskinner
Luie B
Born200Yrs2late
ROY
bilder
Vtsmoker
Buripity
Flintlock54
54mountain
lonehunter
Trench
Angurvail

We've got a baker's dozen but the Old Coots still have us outnumbered.
They ain't got a wall gun tho. :thumbsup: :haha:

It appears I miss counted.

Team Old Farts,

Swampy
Makeumsmoke
Mad Irish
Grey Whiskers
Flaydermaus
PaulN/KS
Mike Brines
RC
Pete D
grzrob
Snowdragon
Homesteader
Brownbear
Buford
Marc Adamchek
Stumpkiller
jake2255
Papa
Danscottgerm

You can expect to receive my target right before the deadline, as I'm going to use my daughter's new rifle, which isn't quite done yet. I figure while I'm sighting it in, I might as well use it for the competition. I think it's way too short for me to shoot off hand, but I think I can shoot it from a bench rest position. Using a rest is acceptable for this competition, right? Bill

Back