• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Guys vs Young Guys 2011, ends July 31st

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea.... I'm not sure how I helped our average but if we win I at least get to say I helped :haha:.

Same with yours Lonehunter. :thumbsup:

As a matter of fact, everybody shot pretty darn good. Some are better than others of course but I'd bet even the "worst" scores are way better than the average shooter at the local range could do offhand with his scoped CF. :hatsoff:

Even if you didn't help our average you can claim that you helped our image. :)

That's what I'm gonna claim.

:haha: I don't think any of us are complaining.. :grin: I just had that funny song in my head.. ya know "clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.."

Louie,
Dont feel bad at all. You and I did about the same. :hatsoff: Also, I remember when you joined here, and this is the first contest I was smart enough to participate in, so you beat me there. Also, I kept shooting .75-1.5" groups, but with the exception of the one I sent in (which wasn't nearly that good :redface: for some reason), almost all of mine were 3-4" high from center, and THAT would have hurt us much more than my bigger, but centered, group. As it is, I hope I helped, and if not, I hope I can improve and help more next time.

oh dear... :haha:

Hey I had four of my guns shooting in this contest.. :haha: :grin:

:thumbsup: Goody, goody, I can't wait. Just depends on WHEN, I think. I'm out of state 8-16 through 9-1. Iffin it's not ended by then I'll be back to shoot :applause: .

I fill like WHOOPIN' some butt seeing as how my target was just so, so this time.

Swampy,
I thought the deadline was the 31st for having the targets turned in. Maybe there should be a penalty for late returns, just like the IRS.
Mark :nono:

The rules were that the targets had to be shot by the 31st, postmarked by the 1st, and received by the 10th. Gotta give the post office time to do their thing. The only penalty is if the targets are not here by the 10th they are disqualified.

I have word that hardtimes did not get his target shot. Still waiting on word from Flintlock54 and Born200Yrs2Late. If they answer my PT I'll know if I can tally up the final results. Otherwise we gotta wait until the 10th to see if their targets are still coming.

Here's a Sneak Preview for the Next Contest to keep your interest;

We will be doing a Flintlock vs Percussion contest. The rules will be similar to this contests rules. The dates will run from whenever I post the official rules(real soon) until the targets must be received by October 1st, 2011. 3 shots at 25 yards.
Get to practicing and planning range trips! :hatsoff:

Papa said:
Swampy,
I thought the deadline was the 31st for having the targets turned in. Maybe there should be a penalty for late returns, just like the IRS.

I should make him prove the post marks... :hmm:

I'm pretty sure I still have Roy's envelope and it's marked Aug 1. Just got his yesterday. :wink:

I'm thinkin' that's probably the end of 'em.

[/quote]

:cursing:

Catch and return. Old Guys shoot first.

:rotf:

Don't mess with an old guy, they'll just kill you.

fd13b74d-cb47-490a-a853-95467ca76d97.jpg
[/quote]

Swampy,
Hope I didn't push the wrong buttons. If I did, well, I guess it wont happen again, cause you'll just kill me, you know, being an old guy and all. :bull: But if it makes you feel better, I feel older than my age most days, so I know the feeling.

To everyone, nice shooting y'all. :thumbsup:

Swampy said:
Papa said:
Swampy,

I should make him prove the post marks... :hmm:

It was post marked the same day that the envelope I sent to you was... :haha: Just Pekin apparently is a couple days behind :haha:

Jethro224 said:
Here's a Sneak Preview for the Next Contest to keep your interest;

We will be doing a Flintlock vs Percussion contest. The rules will be similar to this contests rules. The dates will run from whenever I post the official rules(real soon) until the targets must be received by October 1st, 2011. 3 shots at 25 yards.
Get to practicing and planning range trips! :hatsoff:

there's still percussion around? i'll check the classifieds..................

I guess I shoulda shot holes into more than one target this time.:hmm: But time strainin kept me from knot. But. Now I's cornfused!:idunno: I always was thinkin 'at Percussion was a kinda loud section of a Marchin' Band.:haha: Do this mean we's going to war with some Marchin' Bands.:rotf: Cause I kan use some movin targets to pop at. Sounds like 'at cud be FUN! I keep a lookout fer them thar structions t'see how weez goin bout this shootin movin band sections with flinters. :doh: :slap:

Back