• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Guys vs Young Guys 2011, ends July 31st

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, No Jack, the percussion is the sound of war! It's a test to see if the flinching flinters are up to task! :blah: :rotf:

THE ADMIRAL was a percussion major in college.

I'll ask her if I can shoot at the piano but I don't think she'll be game.

I went to one of her alma-matter games and every time they scored the band started up and this guy with his head in a coon ran out and got off a shot - but I didn't see him hit any drums or such. Percussion shootin must be bigger down south?? Up here we stick to shootin deer, squirrel and occasionally paper targets.

109-mb-gallery-23-mascot12-47358.jpg

:idunno: seen a youngin at the n'eastern vous,,ask his gramps fer a knife, then commenced to knappin his cap...true! :shocked2: I know gramps been shootin fer more than 30 years...he never flinched....I jus watched the barrel direction...clink clink clink clink clink............. :shake:

So how do those of us who shoot both cap and flint get labeled? I'm working my way towards all flint, but still have a few caplocks. Does that make me an "evolving capsmacker"? Hey, I'm trying, and learning....

You'll have the choice to shoot either or you can shoot against yourself if you want and shoot both.

Jethro224 said:
You'll have the choice to shoot either or you can shoot against yourself if you want and shoot both.

But you have to pull both triggers at the same time. :rotf:

Mike Brines said:
Just remember one thing. Not all capsmackers are that dumb. And some can downright shoot.

oh! Sorry! no offense intended! an I know cappers can shoot,,matter of fact at the '11 N'Eastern Rendezvous the Blue Jacket Match was won by a cva percussion mountain rifle.........
I was just amazed that grampy actually let the kid..knap a cap :shocked2: ... thinkin kid learnt a lesson...experience is a great teacher! :wink:

Isn't Grampys job to be teacher??? Experience can be a dangerous and painfull teacher. :nono:

Vtsmoker said:
Isn't Grampys job to be teacher??? Experience can be a dangerous and painfull teacher. :nono:

Sadly,,I know Grampy,,,and I know had a told the lad "don't do that, gun might go off" I'd a certainly got an argument with Gramps,,and he'd a said he'd done it a million times..or the infamous "that could never happen" so we jus watched where the barrel was pointed, as long as it was safe we let the lesson develop almost hoping the gun would go off,,,,hoping the act would never be repeated.....by the look on the lad's face, can't see him doin it again,,,oh..grampy's reaction? "that was yer shot kid, mark it as it miss.." TRUE! gramps cannot stand to get beat by the 15 yr old kid,,at anything...he is not a brightspot in the ML community,,,but...there's hope fer the kid...I hope!

Weird things going on ... I just went to read the last four posts on this thread ... And it took me to page 19 of 18, yes that is right, only 18 pages, but it took me an extra one past it! I took a screen shot of it, but am unable to post it from my iPhone ...

One more day to see who wins!

It's been doing that to me too. :idunno: I just click the previous page. Probably just too many pages in one topic and freaking out the system. :haha:
Oh well, this one is almost wrapped up anyway now. so it shouldn't bother us much longer.

123.DieselBenz said:
Weird things going on ... I just went to read the last four posts on this thread ... And it took me to page 19 of 18, yes that is right, only 18 pages, but it took me an extra one past it! I took a screen shot of it, but am unable to post it from my iPhone ...

(Insert Twilight Zone theme here)

Swampy said:
123.DieselBenz said:

(Insert Twilight Zone theme here)

You and your aliens! :blah:

Back