• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

March 2017 Partner Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro, keep your eyes peeled. I'll be sending my and Jess' targets tomorrow. :hatsoff:

Thanks for putting this on and dealing with all our excuses......

....Continental drift!!! :shake: :slap: :haha:

Best regards all, Skychief

Just got Tailswife target in the mail today. Will get it out going your way after my little rendezvous this weekend.

I sent in the targets for '58 Caliber' and me a few days ago, so you should be getting them soon.

Also, thanks for adding about the target spot for the next go-around. In this post I saw comments about 'not enough shooters' or 'trying to encourage new shooters' and then (someone's snarky comment) that I was allegedly supposed to 'have read all past posts' to understand what the rules were.

I just think to promote more shooters, whatever the rules are, they should be clearly defined. And yes, I do recognize that this is a 'fun, get out of the house' type shoot. Now at my club, we shoot the X-target all the time and the formed X is the aiming spot ... so there :blah: , as that was the source for my comment, haha!

Many thanks to Jethro for hosting this! And I will participate again. Cheers!

Thanks for mailing them in partner and once again thanks for putting these contests on Jethro. I was re-reading the rules again (unfortunately after I shot) and just realized I could have used my shooting sticks. These shoots have always been off hand so that is what I did. Should have read it closer. Will next time.:doh: :rotf:

Dave

Also, thanks for adding about the target spot for the next go-around.
I just think to promote more shooters, whatever the rules are, they should be clearly defined.

That is something that gets brought up pretty regular so it should probably be in there permanently.
CAUTION, there are some contests where there is NO aiming spot , X, or anything else allowed on the target paper. That is always made clear.

Since there is really no way for me to know if the rules are being strictly adhered to, I just try to keep it as simple as possible.
Basically, if it ain't written in the rules, it ain't a rule or against the rules. :idunno:

I will participate again. Cheers!

Good deal! Glad to have you! :hatsoff:

58 caliber said:
Thanks for mailing them in partner and once again thanks for putting these contests on Jethro. I was re-reading the rules again (unfortunately after I shot) and just realized I could have used my shooting sticks. These shoots have always been off hand so that is what I did. Should have read it closer. Will next time.:doh: :rotf:

Dave

Not "always". There has been a couple where a rest was allowed.
Gotta keep you guys on yer toes. :haha:

There was another thing that usually isn't allowed too. Rear sights on smoothbores.

eggwelder said:
going to have to back out, military sending me away to help train some new soldiers . i`ll be keeping a closer eye on this section, i thought that the competitions were for premium members until i actually read it..looking forward to joining in some in the spring and summer

We will look forward to having you join in when you get back. :hatsoff:

My indoor range allows BP. I had one time when I shot my 1858 Remington several cylinders in a row they asked me to slow down so I switched back to my rifle and all was well. The old guy next to me was shooting British 303 he told me he felt like he was in battle. He thought was cool.

Ames said:
East West using the Mississippi as a line is easy. North South will start the arguments. Like N/S what year?? Or what decade?? :idunno:

They already settled the North/South one...
We have done
East/West
Flint/Percussion
OldGuy/YoungGuy
US/World
They were all fun. I've been thinking maybe it's time for another VS contest too. Just gotta decide which one to do.
Anybody got another idea or a vote on a re-do?

Ibnid said:
Gotta find me a partner with a smoothie now. Got one in mind. Wish me luck.

If you're just now finding a partner it'll be hard to get the targets mailed around before the deadline. I suppose I could let you each send them to me individually so long as you both make sure to write who your partner is on your targets in addition to the other stuff.
Also, on condition that no other contestant minds.

Back