March 2017 Partner Shoot

Help Support Muzzle Loading Forum:

Ames

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
The horned toad says we should go to Mexico.
Right hand VS left hand. Either cap lock or flint.
It doesn't matter if there are far more right handed shooters out there if the scores are averaged for the lefty's to beat.
Or, how about revisiting the 2x4 shoot?

jethro224

Reaction score
:hmm: I never thought about a right vs left hander contest.
Would we need a separate team for leftys shootin' righty guns? :haha:

I'll definitely have to resurrect the 2x4 shoot. It's been quite a while since we did that. :thumbsup:

Ames

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I think if we did the old guys/young guys again, which was a lot of fun :thumbsup: , you would have to raise the cutoff from 50 to 55.
Far too many older old guys playing and need to balance it out a bit.
Plus that would move Jethro back to the kids table.
Gotta watch what I point out because I've read reports on his shooting skills. :shocked2: :rotf:

Silky921

45 Cal.
Reaction score
It amazes me to see that this months shoot has 4x the amount of comments and activity than those of the past. So whoever's idea it was to put on a team match....here here!

I like the idea of mixing up the team and individual based contests in the future.

jethro224

Reaction score
Silky921 said:
It amazes me to see that this months shoot has 4x the amount of comments and activity than those of the past. So whoever's idea it was to put on a team match....here here!

I like the idea of mixing up the team and individual based contests in the future.
Well, it started when Ames said this;
Ames said:
How do we start a campaign to get participation up to 30 or 40? :confused: These shoots are the high point of the month for me.
Can we put out a call to all under general muzzleloading or fish for new guys under welcome to the camp?
In the past interest has sometimes increased when we've done team shoots. So I decided to do another team shoot and Ames did a little recruiting and advertising. :thumbsup:
The more members that participate and tell their member friends about it, the more members who join in. Challenge your buddies! More shooters + more smack-talkin' = more fun! :)

jethro224

Reaction score
Looks like we got plenty of Leftys to make a team.

When I do team shoots I take each members score, add them all together, and divide by the number of team members for the average. This way it doesn't matter if one team out-numbers the other.

jethro224

Reaction score
:hmm: April Fools is coming. Maybe I'll make all the Leftys shoot right handed and all the Rightys shoot left handed. :blah: :rotf:

Ames

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Jethro224 said:
Looks like we got plenty of Leftys to make a team.

When I do team shoots I take each members score, add them all together, and divide by the number of team members for the average. This way it doesn't matter if one team out-numbers the other.
Just remember. If one team has one member and the other 9 or 10, the single member is more likely to win the way we spray lead around the backstop. :rotf:

Ames

45 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Jethro224 said:
:hmm: April Fools is coming. Maybe I'll make all the Leftys shoot right handed and all the Rightys shoot left handed. :blah: :rotf:
April fools? Can you put up an image of a target with a Snipe for a bulls eye? Been a long time since I went on a Snipe hunt.

MDK_WV

40 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Well go ahead and do a April's fool lefty/righty-righty/lefty shoot, I am ready. With the vision in my left eye better than my right eye I was experimenting the other day, shooting left handed even though I am right handed. The patches caused the same allergic reactions no matter which way I shot.

Skychief

69 Cal.
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
Have a thought about a contest Jethro :hmm:

How about an old fashioned turkey shoot? Just spit-ballin' here, but maybe closest hit to the middle of a sheet of paper

One shot only.

Smoothbores loaded with bird (turkey :wink: ) shot from 20 or 25 yards.

Rifleman could shoot from 25 yards or so offhand or, 50 yards, rested.

Closest piece of shot, or ball to center of sheet, wins. :thumbsup:

If one shot isn't enough to enthuse participants, maybe 3 or 5 sheets could be shot with a single shot and the shortest string wins. How much measuring would you be willing to do? :idunno:

Just wanted to raise an idea up the flagpole and see if any members will salute! :patriot:

Best regards, Skychief

Silky921

45 Cal.
Reaction score
What about a buy in for the turkey shoot? Maybe $5 or a $1 a shot?

A way to finance the match or at least spice things up a bit.