• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

March 2017 Partner Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jethro and all, Jess and I are throwing ourselves into this fray.

He's on the smoothy and I'll be shootin' a rifle-gun. :hmm:

We intend to take no prisoners, ain't that right Jess? :haha:

Best regards, Skychief

Awesome! Now we just need to get eggwelder set up with another Canadian shooter and it'll be an International match. :thumbsup:

DMK
Way better then I could do, both our targets will be in the mail to Jethro tomorrow I hope he is up to scoring such close groups.
Thanks for being my team partner.
Hermit

I think I figured out my problem, the new patches were causing the round balls to have an allergic reaction to the center of the target. :grin:

:haha: Just when I thought I'd heard every excuse in the book... you add a chapter. :haha:

March and April are bad months for me. :( I'm the Throw Events Track & Field coach for Point Park University in Pittsburgh, PA. :v Practice every day until dark, Rain or shine. Track meets EVERY Saturday, and with the family having some difficult times, my Sundays and other free time is no longer my free time. :cursing: So, I'm sitting out this months shoot for sure and maybe April. :surrender: Hopefully I can get the smooth rifle finished and ready in April. :idunno: Have fun guys.

Jethro224 said:
Jethro, is an aiming spot allowed or are we to shoot at an unmarked sheet?

Aiming spots are allowed.
Wouldn't the aiming spot be the formed X? If you're saying someone could superimpose a 2" square block or round bullseye at the center of the X ... that should have been the rule from Day 1 ... just saying ...

Jethro has always allowed "aiming spots," but you either just pasted them on your paper (a fait accompli) or asked in advance. In either case, as long as they were perfectly centered, there was no problem that I've encountered.*

*Given the poor/odd lighting at our range, the corner to corner X is almost impossible to see. Blue painter's tape helped some, but a 1" day glow orange dot works much better although it's by no means a slam dunk.

Back