• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Loaded BP Revolver

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sixteen months in a .44 Remington cylinder. Thirty grains Pyrodex P, .454 and lube on top. No special storage, just out and around. Sometimes on a gun sometimes off. Fired great.

Well I plan on using 30gr T7 FFF, dry over powder wad and a .452 RB and then a little of my beeswax/olive oil mix over ball
Howdy, could you kindly please tell me the ratio you use for the ball ammo lube for that is oilve oil and beeswax? I've tried that Beeswax and Lamb's tallow mix, and Lordy Lordy Lordy, that Lamb's tallow smells way too ripe for my likin'. Never thought of trying olive oil for bullet lube...

Someone mentioned the cordite powder the British loaded in their .303. I have a lot of it and it is true that over time it degrades. I got about a 20% go off rate on some that was made in 1940. I can't even get the bullets to pull so I can rescue the brass to sell at the metal dealer or use the bullets.

Yes it is a spare mainspring. It does not seem to have a fitted place so it lives between the backstrap and the bullet compartment.

Back