• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How fast can BP revolvers be reloaded?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gotta say, I have an 1858 Remington.36, and a 1851 Colt Navy .36, both Uberti.
I gotta be the only person on the planet that can swap the cylinder on the Colt way faster then the Remington. Knock out wedge and easy peasy. That Remington, I can fight 10 minutes trying to get the cylinder back in. The hand and bolt have to be in perfect alignment to get it in.
Ya I’ve watched the utubes, I just can’t get it.
Roll from right, insert from left, tried it all many times.
Nope, take the Colt every time.
If it weren’t that the Rem is so dam pretty, I’d sell her, She a display queen while my Colts are twice a week range pistols.

Last edited:
I gotta say, I have an 1858 Remington.36, and a 1851 Colt Navy .36, both Uberti.
I gotta be the only person on the planet that can swap the cylinder on the Colt way faster then the Remington. Knock out wedge and easy peasy. That Remington, I can fight 10 minutes trying to get the cylinder back in. The hand and bolt have to be in perfect alignment to get it in.
Ya I’ve watched the utubes, I just can’t get it.
Roll from right, insert from left, tried it all many times.
Nope, take the Colt every time.
If it weren’t that the Rem is so dam pretty, I’d sell her, She a display queen while my Colts are twice a week range pistols.
I find that I have the problem with the Remington that you do, that is why I use it as a utility pistol around the property. My main handgun is my 3rd model Colt dragoon by Uberti.

if you have the touch and rotate the cylinder the same direction that it rotates when cocked as you slide it in its easy peasy.

Back in the day, on one of our annual pilgrimages to Dixie Gunworks, I bought two packages of pre-loaded paper cartridges for my revolvers. One was a .31, the other a .36 caliber. Now, that's been over 50 years ago, so memory's fallible, but as it serves me - the cartridges were less than stellar purchases. Never bought them again.

As a college student at that time, I remember they were priced out of my reach anyway. Supposedly authentic (?) They would've been fast to load, but at least a couple of mine were duds. Nitrated paper? Dunno. Long time ago.

Latest posts

Back