• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Kibler order

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's been my experience that if you spend good money on a good tool, you will have forgotten the price long after you need to look at repair or replace. (Having said that, i'd not go spending money i didn't have, or shorting the rent check, or something silly like that)

Best of luck.

(p.s. i'd go with a colonial in 58 smooth, but that's just me)

I had a woodsrunner on order for most of last year but when it was just weeks away from shipping had to cancel it due to a minor financial issue.

So, I'm still looking to order this fall but now thinking the longer barrel 58 would be better for the eyes and light enough to handle. Rolling over to 77 this month but honestly, I'm in better health and ability than I deserve to be. 🤣

I heard that. Old ain't fun unless we make it fun. I've slowed some but not enough to quit. My other flinter is the Lyman/Pedersoli GPR, one inch across the flats, 32 inch barrel and HEAVY, like a plains rifle was. I have a no-drill sling on it, which makes it easier to tote through the wildwood. Like you, I'm getting the .54, which is a caliber I've never owned or fired. The Colonial kit seems just like a Chambers I used to have with swamped barrel and a bit of cast off. The Chambers was way more expensive, but the for end was paper-thin and would warp outward away from the barrel at the muzzle end when exposed to rain. It went back when dry, but still was a defect I couldn't live with.
my CVA 45cal is still fun to shoot but getting heavy to tote at 86

Your financial security is vastly more important than a black powder rifle.

Maybe them not picking up the phone is a blessing in disguise.

Just food for thought.

Nope thinking like that just gets you old and wishing you had , and the woods Runner is what you want and in 54 . Its a joy to assemble and handles (PERFECT) . Bigger hole in a big barrel does it every time!/Ed

I said j was going to order on Monday and I did. Total was $1242 for fancy maple Colonial kit minus the patch box, plus the range rod and inletting black I saw Jim using in his video. That is with the 10% discount. Sure hope I don't agree it up.
I mean "screw it up.". Can't type with the shaking and shivering from spending that much money.

Oh no! I just saw another post regarding a 6 !both wait on fancy maple. I'm gonna call them back and find out. It's be a total wreck having to wait 6 months.

The Florida Frontiersmen usually have an already-built Kibler rifle for a prize at the Alafia River Rendezvous in January.

I went for the .58 specifically for the lighter weight. Despite its length, due to its balance it handles like a feather. Many folks dont hesitate dropping 1-2 grand on a rifle and scope, but then hesitate with a ML. Bang for buck, I certainly get more enjoyment out of my ML.

I went for the .58 specifically for the lighter weight. Despite its length, due to its balance it handles like a feather. Many folks dont hesitate dropping 1-2 grand on a rifle and scope, but then hesitate with a ML. Bang for buck, I certainly get more enjoyment out of my ML.
Both of mine weigh 8 lbs 6 oz and they both handle like a dream

Oh no! I just saw another post regarding a 6 !both wait on fancy maple. I'm gonna call them back and find out. It's be a total wreck having to wait 6 months.
Probably only a couple week wait if you switch to standard maple, cherry or walnut.

Latest posts

Back