• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

I ordered my Kibler Woodsrunner today!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am beside myself to be honest. I can't wait to see this thing in person. I have wanted one for a long time but life comes first sometimes. I ordered the .54 cal and Walnut stock. Whenever it does arrive I believe I'm gonna stare at it on the bench for a while before I touch it. Honestly, I'm scared to death of screwing it up. I've messed with guns mostly all of my life, even worked in an unmentionable gun factory for 2 years. But this is a whole other story. I won't post a build thread per say, but I may have a bunch of questions, no doubt. I've watched every video on building front stuffers on Jim's, I love muzzle loading, 11 bang bang, duelist, and a few other's channel more than once and most likely will do it again. I am glad that the Woodsrunner is very easy as the more experienced builders say they are. I do have to get her done and ready before Aug 15th though. I'll quit rambling now. :D

Congratulations! I remember feeling the same way when I ordered my Colonial. Just take your time and do some research and it will turn out great. Be prepared for the possibility of having to do more work on some things than you may have thought. Everyone says" they snap together like Legos" and that may be true with some but mine required quite a bit of fitting and wood removal to make things work. Not a problem, it turned out excellent just go into it with an open mind that things may not go exactly like they do on the videos. The Woodsrunner , I believe is even more refined than the Colonial and parts fitment even more precise requiring very little work in most cases. I will add that Kibler's customer service was absolutely top notch they went above and beyond what I would have expected as a customer and like I said earlier I am thrilled with the results of my Colonial. Just to warn you it gets addictive so you might want to start saving now for the next one! Good luck.

Last edited:
Congrats! My first kit was a Woodsrunner.

Take your time on the stock. Minor fitting on the assembly, get some Prussian blue for minor inletting on the wood to metal. Sharp chisels and go slow. Work on it and only when your mind is clear. When you get frustrated, stop and come back later.

Enjoy the Journey to a joyful Destination! All part of the Same.

Last edited:
nothing to be scared of! the woodsrunner is fairly easy. everything is drilled and fitted for you. i have done 6 SMR and 2 woodsrunners. on the woodsrunner i diden't even have to sand the wood. you will be pleased! if you have any questions just ask, there is a welth of knowledge on this forum,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

.... Whenever it does arrive I believe I'm gonna stare at it on the bench for a while before I touch it. ....
Actually, when it arrives, you're going to spend about ten minutes taking screws out of the box cover. 😄

Seriously, though, I know the feeling, but it doesn't last long. You'll get through it soon enough to the place where you can't wait to get started on it.

Actually, when it arrives, you're going to spend about ten minutes taking screws out of the box cover.
No kidding, I've enjoyed all the Kibler unboxing videos I've seen. Not only is the way they package them pretty dang cool. I don't think USPS can destroy it. I've seen some GNARLY looking boxes come to me, looking like they ran it over with the mail truck. :D

OH MY!!
KIMG0406.jpg

KIMG0407.jpg

I haven't taken it out of the box yet. I put the lid right back on it and put the screws back in it. LOL. I have to get my parrot vise mounted and get a few more items before I get started. When my mail lady brought it up today, she said, "If you don't mind me asking whats in this box? I have never seen anything packaged like that." I told her what it was and she was in awe about how it was packed.

Yeah seems the Colonial has taken a back seat to the Woodsrunner. Nonetheless they are still a BEAUTIFUL rifle when finished. I bought the Woodsrunner simply because there is a little less fitting as this is my first kit. But more than likely it won't be the last.

Latest posts

Back