• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Ordered Jim’s SMR Today.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tenring

45 Cal.
Reaction score
After some money juggling and her zeal for saving even with the economy in the gutter I ordered Jim Kiblers SMR before his sale was closed today,that 10% really helped out on the final value fee of the rifle and the lock came out to be 270.00 I was surprised as I thought it would have been 300.00 and then taxed being it was a separate order. Right after I paid for the rifle I instantly got an email to pay for the Ketland Lock I thought is was a 24 to 48 hour thing until it was time to pay for the lock itself but I am glad it worked out like that so as to get it finished up.I would have liked to have gone with the fancy maple you don’t know how bad but had no other choice to go with the latter if I was going to pull the trigger on the kit. I have put my share of rifles together but I have been really wanting to try out the CNC configuration because Jim and his wife have done an outstanding job on their entire business operation from building to shipping ,and with all the great photos here of everyone’s builds and the discount It was the right time to buy. I will take pics when it‘s done and post a few. P.S. I had to ask Jim a question after I purchased the kit at [email protected] do you guys know if he answer his info email. Thanks in advance…

I almost got one I was even thinking of getting a plan maple and doing a flux job like on my GPR heck you could do the fake fancy maple.

Attachments

• 20220124_141251.jpg
    20220124_141251.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
or you could just take it for what it is and work with that and not try to make it something it ain't!, i have saw plain maple stocks that were nice! i just finished a kibler 45 SMR in extra fancy maple, it is great. i may but another this week. i will get a 36 most likely and i may get it in plain maple. do it with AF and color it with laurel mountain forge maple and or trans tint. it will be a head turner,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just finished one last week in 45 with a plain maple stock. It's pretty simple build process, especially if you watch his video's. The flash hole and the tenons were already installed and the lock was drilled and tapped in my kit. 10 times better than the Traditions kit I received and put together when I was taking classes at SDI.

Thank you so much MSW, I hope I will get the time in a week or two so I can get started on it and be done with her. just seems like one thing after another i haven’t had the chance to even get to the range in three weeks to get a little shooting in before it gets cold. I am hoping to get the SMR done so I can take it out for Pennsylvania’s late season flint lock time.

Please, please, please DONT start a build log.
There are those here, who have beat that to death.
Sorry I killed that format for some; please ignore them @Tenring and do one anyway. I'll be happy to follow it. And I'll be happy to flame any of your detractors. Detailing your experiences, whether good or bad, IS useful and helpful to others also going through the same. I got plenty of behind-the-scenes support and encouragement about my log, which of course, is what they're referring to. Naysayers, shut up. Build loggers, press on!! Just maybe, my advice would be, don't try to be dramatically entertaining at the same time. Just the facts, if you please; for heaven's sakes not your thoughts.

Last edited:
Sorry I killed that format for some; please ignore them @Tenring and do one anyway. I'll be happy to follow it. And I'll be happy to flame any of your detractors. Detailing your experiences, whether good or bad, IS useful and helpful to others also going through the same. I got plenty of behind-the-scenes support and encouragement about my log, which of course, is what they're referring to. Naysayers, shut up. Build loggers, press on!! Just maybe, my advice would be, don't try to be dramatically entertaining at the same time. Just the facts, if you please; for heaven's sakes not your thoughts.
(Searching for @wiscoaster build log…)

Just finished one last week in 45 with a plain maple stock. It's pretty simple build process, especially if you watch his video's. The flash hole and the tenons were already installed and the lock was drilled and tapped in my kit. 10 times better than the Traditions kit I received and put together when I was taking classes at SDI.
Please post a few pics. I have plain maple and wanna see what it may look like once I stain it.

Build logs are ok. But when your given good advice not to do what your planning. Maybe just maybe you should follow said advice ? Might just save you sometime repairing your screw ups. Don't ask how I learned that.....LOL

Isn’t this the truth, I have built my share of rifles over the years but give me a running chance and you can bet I screw something up Ha Ha. And it’s in a blink of an eye when you say OH SHl+ what did I just do that it’s to late….:oops:

Latest posts

Back