• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How many caps do you use in a year ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyron4

50 Cal.
Reaction score
A lot of posts about finding caps and getting caps lately; made me curious how many you go through a year . Is it the revolver shooters that are always looking for caps or rifle shooters too ? I shoot my flinters more than my caps these days but between my two cap locks I'm going through about 100 caps a year. I've been lucky enough over the last couple years to score several tins from walmart. I think I have enough based on what I shoot , but you never really know. Carry on.

I would guess 500-1000 depending on how busy we are. I shoot flinters alot too but burn through caps mostly in C&B revolers. My girlfriend and I both shoot percussion rifles also and so we definitely rip through the caps. It’s really not hard to do with two people shooting revolvers for sure

Depends on how often I make it to the range. I usually take 2 New Model Armys with 2 cylinders apiece, on a good day will put 6 cylinders per gun. Like I said depends on how often I make it but would have to say on average between 1 and 2000 a year. I can easily go through a tin each trip.

And that's it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Lead, Powder,,?,,. What's next, Condom's?
For what it's worth, I buy those 3 by the pound,, (bulk rate ya know)
th

400-500. I probably shoot the rifle 30-40 shots per trip and probably shoot the pistol 40 shots per trip. Depends how often I get a BP range day.

Hunt with shotguns from Sept to March, some volume shooting on doves and driven birds and snipe. A shot or two in April for Turkey. I'm using about 800 on shotguns - probably 700 are musket caps. Then I check a rifle or two and hunt with them, and two range trips per year with a handful of revolvers. I'm using about 1200 annually with 800 being musket between shotguns and rifles, and the remainder #11's.

Latest posts

Back