• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How i make my caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I made a kit and added them to my Amazon store. It might take a few days to post there. They are on a tear away sheet that makes it easy to handle and load them. Also a tamp an scooper that puts just the right amount per cap. Hopefully this will help some folks out.View attachment 305731
Awesome! What would be the best key word or link to your store?

I experimented once with resizing fired caps and adding primer mixture to them, it worked pretty good but that was the at time when primers were plentiful and cheap, so I never followed up on it. Just think of how many spent #10 and #11 caps we have just thrown away.

So this is not lead styphinate? I think primers for cartridge guns use lead styphinate which spews lead dust in the air (I suspect more so than the bullets themselves).

What does CCI et.al. use in their percussion caps?

Ordered one that is on the way... I have, though a lot of trial and error, set up my system and have come up with a very useable #10 cap and a musket cap.. They slip on like a glove.. I am having to print them on a raft as the individual caps don't have the adhesion to keep them on the plate. A little more plastic but it works good.
I do about 30 #10's per batch and 14 musket caps per batch.. Can't wait to try them out. Got the mix that you listed and will try mixing for a syringe injection... On my way !!

Back