• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How many caps do you use in a year ?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have about six caps and use them all. I wear different ones on different days and wash them every now and then reuse them. :)
Not me, I have 3 I wear on a regular basis. Just like my coffee cup, never was it just rinse and air dry😉

I am counting my orange camo Remington bird hunting hat and golf hat in the total. Four regular and two special purpose. :thumb:
I guess I fall into that category, I have 2 everyday knock around caps, and one semi formal, meaning not any worn spots or stains or fabric worn off the bill. All camo of course.

One or two tins a year for my SxS 12 gauge shotgun. I let go of all my C&B revolvers years ago. Now that I got a Crockett .32 late last fall, I'm sure I will go thru a few this year enjoying that little rifle.
Ohio Rusty ><>

The last year has been a train wreck, I used maybe 15 tins. Musket caps and 10’s. There’s hope for the spring and summer so I may be closer to normal, somewhere around 3000 caps or so. I love to shoot, well anything cap and ball. My great granddaughter Tyler gets her drivers license in May and we’re planning to shoot a couple of times weekly.

One or two tins a year for my SxS 12 gauge shotgun. I let go of all my C&B revolvers years ago. Now that I got a Crockett .32 late last fall, I'm sure I will go thru a few this year enjoying that little rifle.
Ohio Rusty ><>
Funny thing about those Crockett rifles. Very easy on your powder and lead stock, caps not so much. They are just too danged fun to shoot.

Latest posts

Back