• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

70,000+ Schuetzen Musket 4-tab Caps

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Graf's is a great shop and I'm glad they are nearby... but their prices are going up again. Their musket 4-wing caps went from $135/1000 to $169/1000 just in the past few weeks - and they are currently OUT OF STOCK on any caps but cases of 5000 Reenactment Caps for $775.99.

Graf's used to have a store in St Charles, MO, but sold it around Covid time. The new owner hired a new guy there at the new store, and asked him to order some percussion caps back in 2022. Unfortunately for the owner, that new guy made an ordering mistake, and ordered 75,000 4-wing caps. After I heard about the possible existance of local caps from a local n-ssa shooter, I went in and talked to the guys there. Understandably, they are anxious to unload as many of these musket caps as possible. Their regular price right now is $10.xx/100, but they said if I bought a brick of them they'd sell them for $9/100. A brick of 1000 ended up running me about $97! (including tax)

I told them that I'd post this on the ML forum, and they thought that would be great! They said they would work with y'all as far as shipping and hazmat chgs. It sounded like they might charge for those like Graf's does - maybe about $23.50 for hazmat and $12.95 or so for actual shipping?? These guys seem like good guys to work with!

Their phone number is on the cash receipt. Give them a call, and tell them you heard about it on the ML forum!

Lloyd

Oh, yeah - the n-ssa guy asked me what Full Circle charged for the brick of caps. When I told him, he snuck away from work the next day to go buy himself a brick "just to put away"!

Attachments

• IMG_4817.JPG
    IMG_4817.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4818.JPG
    IMG_4818.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Thanks for calling them, Bill! And thanks for letting me know, too!

wow. I completely misunderstood the owner. Instead of 75,000 caps there at his shop, he just now said that they had ordered 7500. I bought a brick, the nssa guy got one, and someone else came in yesterday and bought another. He's got about 3500+ left now.

He said the trouble with shipping is that someone there has to take the 3-day hazmat class for them to get that certification - and there are only 3 employees at the store. He said he wants one of them to get the cert, but for now, they can't ship either caps, primers, or powder at all. The day I went in, the owner wasn't there - just the other 2 employees, and they were the ones who said they could ship the caps. Obvoiusly, they did not know what they were saying.

I am sorry, guys, for the bad info!! If anyone lives close to St Louis, it'd probably be worth the drive.

Again, sorry!

This thread is closed/locked as apparently these will be bought up today or tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back