• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help, I have an Addiction!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duca

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Has anyone taken advantage of Kibler ‘s kit sales? I was on the other day and they have some pretty good deals on there. I pulled the trigger on another SMR 🤪. I just finished building one. This will be the fifth one I’ve put together. A colonial, a wood runner, and two SMR‘s. This will be the third. Oh my God I can’t stop. Help. My wife does not know about this one.

Has anyone taken advantage of Kibler ‘s kit sales? I was on the other day and they have some pretty good deals on there. I pulled the trigger on another SMR 🤪. I just finished building one. This will be the fifth one I’ve put together. A colonial, a wood runner, and two SMR‘s. This will be the third. Oh my God I can’t stop. Help. My wife does not know about this one.
I just did likewise. Made the mistake of clicking on the different stocks and saw "the one". Until then, I had no intention of buying another rifle. My wife gave reluctant approval after promising to sell one of my SMR's. In my defense, I didn't say when.

They had a couple very nice sugar maple stocks that were a bit tempting. But there was one. Looked extra fancy with lots of that flame looking curl. It also had a couple of large staining areas that I thought added more interest. So a bit of a discount for that. I went back several times and just could not pull the trigger. It sold.

Then I thought, maybe call and ask about one of those extra fancy with that flame looking curl, but with lots of staining. Maybe worm holes. Not enough to compromise strength. Just too ugly to sell to most people. The kind of stock that could have been exceptional. But ends up in the wood burner. I'll keep thinking about that idea for a while.

...and that's the real reason I setup a gun trust with my nephews and their kids becoming trustees.
Interesting. If you don't mind could you send me a PM and let me know how you did this? I am in the same boat.

Someone, possibly one of you, saved me from getting another SMR kit. I had one I wanted and took the time to email a question about the kit. After reading the answer I went to order the kit and it was gone!

Interesting. If you don't mind could you send me a PM and let me know how you did this? I am in the same boat.
I will PM you, but I will also give a short explanation now in case others are curious.

Initially, I setup the trust for NFA items. The federal laws changed so they are a little less attractive, but in my situation this is still worthwhile. I assigned everything firearms related to the trust. I already added one nephew and will add the other two this spring.

When I pass away, they'll control the trust. In time, they can add their sons and daughters (they already have 6 combined) and so on. Because all the NFA items were transferred to the trust initially, and all the other firearms later, the trust owns them. So there are no additional transfer fees, nor any inheritance tax. When my nephew's son (currently 8) has grandkids or great-grandkids, he can add them as a trustees to the same trust, 100 years after I am dead and gone.

I've added the most items to the "collection," but there are guns from my grandfather and my great-grandfather too. Nothing has to be divided up, everything stays in the family. I plan to add two restrictions when I add the other nephews: 1) a majority have to agree to selling any item, 2) other trustees/family have "right of first refusal" for any item the majority agree to sell. While I am alive, I have total control, but I need to set things up properly for the future to protect everyone.

This is for Texas, I have no idea what rules prevail in other states.

The outfit I used to set it up is Willi Law Firm, P.C.
The cost includes him defending the trust (although I doubt my great-great-great grand nephew can count on that).

I know we were joking before, but it's a real issue I've seen where club members or other's pass away and the spouse or other relatives are left selling stuff they know nothing about. There are plenty of vultures and they'll come in, buy the whole kit and caboodle for a song, and the spouse has no idea they've been swindled out of $10K, $15K, or $50K.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back