• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

SMR

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when somebody picks up one of my SMR they will shoulder it and get a funny look on their face, as the curve does not fit their shoulder and the top of the butt plate sticks their shoulder bone. then i explain how it should be placed more on the arm just off the shoulder, then they get it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I've had the same experience. Once shouldered properly it just seems "natural".

I was at the public range one day shooting my flintlock, a young Afgan Marine vet came over to watch, such a sad guy, so wracked with PTSD that he couldn't even look me in the eye. He told me his story of not being able to handle the killing, being sent to Bosnia to decompress and then sent back into combat where he broke down again and was sent home on a medical discharge.

Anyway, he told me about his M/L and how the butt plate ate his shoulder up to the point he couldn't shoot well. After a little questioning I realized he had a southern rifle and was shouldering it wrong. I showed him how to hold his rifle properly and even let him shoot my flintlock shouldered the same way. He smiled briefly and said "I get it".

He said he had always wanted to make his own rifle, I told him I would show him how, we exchanged phone numbers, he lived with his dad.

Time passed, he never called so I gave him a call, I got his dad on the phone, told him who I was and he replied that his son wasn't taking any calls at the present and hung up.

Being a non-combat vet myself, this young man's story broke my heart, so scared by war that his life was essentially over and there is no coming back for him.

our country does nothing for vets! compared to what they give this country! i love this country but the stinking worthless government is pure evil! they drag our people into the wars they create for their own entertainment and so they can get more and more rich off the backs of their slaves! "us" they send you out to get your limbs blown off while they sit back in their safe office we pay for! making millions! then you have to fight tooth and nail for some sort of compensation and a trickle of health care while they have the best health care in the world that again "we the people" pay for! and if you are 18 years old they will take you in to the military to be killed or worst! then send you home and say you are not old enough to buy a gun or a beer! but you are old enough to die for us! in NY they just kicked out a 94-year-old vet out of a nursing home to make room for illegals!!! people elect these worthless pieces of monkey dung in NY, well i know there is good people in NY but if you vote for trash, you might as will expect flies!

Back