• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

DGW shipping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered from them on the 10th, got an email Thursday that they were 2-3 weeks behind also. I'm looking at January something. It doesn't matter it wasn't for Christmas just spoiling myself. Haha.

Internet tax?

Surprised and a bit upset as you but don't shoot the messenger. Wish i was wrong and would be happy to have someone correct me. This is what i understand so far and is based on a supreme court decision.

As of 1 Jan 2021 most if not all net sellers may be required (forced) to collect sales tax based on buyers location. Gun Broker will due so automatically. I assume all the big sellers of ML arms and parts will have no choice. Some will add 10% + to cost and foster tracking of who buys/bought what.

From website: " Internet Sales Tax - GunBroker.com will facilitate the collection of sales tax on behalf of the sellers. "

Thank you. Seems to me it is about 50/50 for paying sales tax right now. I think it is the big guys charge it and the little guys don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on buyers state Tax on a net purchased new or used GPR (or the like) could add 60 to 80 bucks. Then another 60-80 if you sell. Pretty soon the taxes collected over of the life of the item will far exceed its original value. Add in already outrageous shipping and other fees and you're there already. I wounder how all that $$ is used?. the Kings tax persists ad nauseaum.

Ordered a replacement ram rod from the Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium on Mon. Received it on Wed.
Ordered a replacement ram rod from the Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium on Mon. Received it on Wed.
I've used the gun works for about 40 years,they really do try to have good service. Suzi knows her warehouse by heart, she can get a part while one of the work force is still finding the part in the computer. While Joe was alive, he always said what They sold was service. They really have a great store and are good folks to deal with.

Just to keep current, called DGW just now and they have been hit by Covid and as a result are now 4-5 weeks behind. The lady I spoke to said they are pulling orders today from 12/4, and my order from 12/10 will be the end of next week.

Just to keep current, called DGW just now and they have been hit by Covid and as a result are now 4-5 weeks behind. The lady I spoke to said they are pulling orders today from 12/4, and my order from 12/10 will be the end of next week.

Thank you For the update.

Good to know, I also ordered on the 10th.

I had placed my order on 12/4, and just as snuffy relayed, it shipped Wednesday, so hopefully they are still on track with the shipping estimates.

Yeah it was in stock when I ordered it and the next day when I went back to ogle err, check the specifications but today shows unavailable. So I called just to make sure it wasn't sold out before I got one. The lady says it's sitting there, but they have so many orders it'll be after the holiday. Good to know, but now I might have to go to Dixons and see what's in their case. My NMA is lonely, lol.
Same with me. In stock when ordered on Dec21. Still waiting. Says in shipping. I called Dec 27. Just to see if they received My order. Lady on phone was pissy. Saying. “ Orders wont ship for 3WEEKS.” So they charged my credit card but then the next day the charge vanished from my card statement. Guess they wont charge it till it actually ships? She wasnt happy with me asking the question. But hey. Its my money I just spent. I wanna know... anyways. Just an fyi. Hopefully I will see my 54 cal before springtime. Dono at this point.

My pistol shipped Friday, they didnt charge my card until Saturday. Oh well, Tuesday is scheduled delivery, its somewhere between Nashville and S.E. Pa. Dec 10 - Jan 12, nobody's fault, just the way things are but MAN who woulda thought!

I have two orders in with them. First is from 12/19 second from 1/3. Most sites have some kind of note about shipping times. I always thought it was a good idea to be courteous to your customers not keep them in the dark.

Depending on buyers state Tax on a net purchased new or used GPR (or the like) could add 60 to 80 bucks. Then another 60-80 if you sell. Pretty soon the taxes collected over of the life of the item will far exceed its original value. Add in already outrageous shipping and other fees and you're there already. I wounder how all that $$ is used?. the Kings tax persists ad nauseaum.
Only retail sales from businesses with a sales tax license, which all the internet "businesses" will now be required to have for every state, will have to file a quarterly report & remit the tax collected. Individuals who sell personal items on an occasional basis will probably be treated as they are now & their sales will be considered "casual sales", as some states call them, & no sales tax will have to be collected. Unless "every" individual has a sales tax license there is no way a state can track any of the gazillion sales individuals complete between each other over the internet nor is there any mechanism for an individual to remit the tax. So if you sell an item here to another individual there will be no sales tax. The states are after Amazon's vast sales & to even the playing field with a brick & mortar store in your home town. So to say that an item will be taxed multiple times over it's lifetime is misleading. It can only be taxed more than once if it is sold thru a legitimate business with a sales tax license more than once. I will agree that this internet sales tax is going to add a level of costs to business (can you imagine filing 50 State sales tax reports every quarter) & take money away from the people to further lower their standard of living, while enhancing the State coffers so are "duly elected officials" can be even more wasteful.

My pistol shipped Friday, they didnt charge my card until Saturday. Oh well, Tuesday is scheduled delivery, its somewhere between Nashville and S.E. Pa. Dec 10 - Jan 12, nobody's fault, just the way things are but MAN who woulda thought!
So you ordered on the 10th also? No word on my order yet.

Only retail sales from businesses with a sales tax license, which all the internet "businesses" will now be required to have for every state, will have to file a quarterly report & remit the tax collected. Individuals who sell personal items on an occasional basis will probably be treated as they are now & their sales will be considered "casual sales", as some states call them, & no sales tax will have to be collected. Unless "every" individual has a sales tax license there is no way a state can track any of the gazillion sales individuals complete between each other over the internet nor is there any mechanism for an individual to remit the tax. So if you sell an item here to another individual there will be no sales tax. The states are after Amazon's vast sales & to even the playing field with a brick & mortar store in your home town. So to say that an item will be taxed multiple times over it's lifetime is misleading. It can only be taxed more than once if it is sold thru a legitimate business with a sales tax license more than once. I will agree that this internet sales tax is going to add a level of costs to business (can you imagine filing 50 State sales tax reports every quarter) & take money away from the people to further lower their standard of living, while enhancing the State coffers so are "duly elected officials" can be even more wasteful.
Gunbroker, ebay and other online are now collecting taxes from selected states. When those who currently don't charge tax figure out its easy money they most likely will cash in. If this continues and as folks move to forum traders to buy and sell i can see the forums themselves possibly getting involved. Wish i was wrong.

Gunbroker, ebay and other online are now collecting taxes from selected states. When those who currently don't charge tax figure out its easy money they most likely will cash in. If this continues and as folks move to forum traders to buy and sell i can see the forums themselves possibly getting involved. Wish i was wrong.
I hope you are wrong, too! I think any entity which profits from direct sales(businesses using the internet to sell merchandise) or facilitating sales(eBay, etsy, Amazon) will be drug into the tax collection business for ALL the states eventually. I don't, however, see the states trying to tax or regulate private sales between individuals for used items. As this forum doesn't charge for the classified ads or profit from any transactions made here, I'm hoping that the states will treat it just like a face to face exchange with someone in your home town & keep the tax man out of it. After all, individuals are not businesses or competing in the retail market place. The tracking & enforcement of taxing "casual sales" between individuals would be an enormous burden to every one. If they do, then kiss the classifieds here or possibly this forum itself good bye. The "vendors" here are a different story & if they don't have a sales tax license & do their due diligence regarding sales tax collection with their state, they could face legal problems, fines, or both.

Last CA gunshow (long ago( i went to they were handing out tax reporting forms. Most went in trash and others were filled out with false info. I don't know all the requirements but theres supposed to be a threshold for reporting. heard 100K or 200 sales, plus other nonsense. The tax is PITA but worse is the collection of data on who sold what is unsettling.

Back