• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

DGW shipping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes ,common sense, like the one guy said not to order anything after Dec.1st till New years. This year the delays will continue after the new year.Especially don't put a gun in the mail this time of year. That said I ordered a Sharps rifle from DGW 3 weeks ago and it took 2 weeks to get to my dealer.That said it arrived safely and they only charged $16.95 shipping for a 11 pound,52" long package. Transit time was only 3 days,so these orders are taking a long time to get out just to get out of the warehouse.

When I ordered 2 weeks ago, Dixie told me then 2 weeks just to get it out of their building, that did not count transient time.

If you want it from Dixie might just to have to drive there.
For a big order I would. I live around 45 minutes from there in western Kentucky and it's a straight drive down there.

Everyone is overwhelmed and it's not just USPS. Even my Amazon Prime purchases (two day delivery) are taking up to five days to receive, other (non-Amazon) vendors have taken up to three weeks. It's a combination of waiting for orders to be filled and an inundated delivery system.

I ordered a couple of ram rods and 800 lead balls on from TOW Sat. 12/12 and received the order by FedEx ground today 12/18. I was quite happy with the order processing and shipping time. Maybe I was just lucky.

If you think shipping for guns and gun parts is bad , one of my hunting buds bought a new freezer from Home Depot . Problem is , freezers obviously have refrigeration parts inside. Due to the Covid vaccine needing to be stored @ very low temps , special freezers were taking up assembly line space, and took months for a regular freezer manufactured and to be delivered. Good news is , it came just in time for deer season..........oldwood

I know their shipping can be hit or miss.... but they have so much stuff you can't find anywhere else. I'll continue to shop there and try and learn some patience. Funny, I thought we were supposed to be more patient and sleep less as we age.....

It is not just DGW. I ordered .440 lead balls Nov 23, shipped 3 day priority mail from another company. Was at post office distribution center 60 miles from where I live on the 25th. Was finally delivered and I picked it up yesterday. Still waiting on a package from another place shipped few days later. Also shipped 3 day priority with insurance, also been sitting in distribution center for weeks. FedEx hasn't been as good as post office for me. At least with post office I eventually get order and it isnt damaged. Never had a problem with UPS that wasn't resolved quickly. Guess it depends on area you are in.

Seriously? Seasonal Surcharges? At their rates? lol, the reason why I like never use FedEx!
Yes they nicked me additional 5 (on top of Residential, DAS, Fuel, and 15 for oversize) to ship a 51" box a state away. Surcharge was NOT in estimate sent to and paid for by buyer,
Not happy with FEDEX at the moment. FWIW the "Iron Clad" Fedex delivery guarantee was recinded months ago due to current hoax. Have suspended shipping altogether until 1 January. Even then, the new internet tax gives me pause.

Latest posts

Back