• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

DGW shipping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think DGW is short handed, I just think they and everybody else is swamped, the panic is even hitting the black powder and muzzleloading dealers hard. The other day somebody posted on another forum that he couldn't find #10 caps. I did a quick search because I need caps, and found them at the places. So I posted the info to help the guy out.

Today I went looking because it's payday, and couldn't find what I wanted so I bought 2500 #11's from Midway and ordered a set of Tresso #11 nipples to put on my NMA.

I shoot more "modern" rifles as well and several of the online places aren't even answering the phones because they pulled the phone people to pull orders. It's the only way they can keep up.

Yeah, USPS is the cherry on the late deliver and lost packages sundae. My mailman is so lazy and destructive I actually laugh when I order heavy boxes and see they're coming USPS. :p At least one of the dealers I mentioned in my last post actually has a message on their shipping options page advising customer NOT to use USPS due to delays and delivery issues.

Ordered caps from midway at 0400 today. I have a tracking number, from UPS, now to see how fast they get here.

My TOW experience is a bit different.
I put in an order this morning and got a e-mail it has been shipped. It took all of about 6 hours from order to shipped.
i am a happy camper now I have to wait on USPS so we shall see.
Bunk

Just in case anybody has ordered or is considering ordering from Dixie Gun Works, I just got off the phone with them and they are about 3 weeks behind. For example, the 1861 Navy I ordered on 12/10 is reserved for me (got one of the last ones) but won't ship until after Christmas.

I'm not complaining, just sharing the info. Merry Christmas everyone!

I don't think DGW is short handed, I just think they and everybody else is swamped, the panic is even hitting the black powder and muzzleloading dealers hard. The other day somebody posted on another forum that he couldn't find #10 caps. I did a quick search because I need caps, and found them at the places. So I posted the info to help the guy out.

Today I went looking because it's payday, and couldn't find what I wanted so I bought 2500 #11's from Midway and ordered a set of Tresso #11 nipples to put on my NMA.

I shoot more "modern" rifles as well and several of the online places aren't even answering the phones because they pulled the phone people to pull orders. It's the only way they can keep up.

I ordered 2 BP revolvers (1 kit) mid-November and it took both of them 2 weeks in shipping before they left the warehouse. I imagine they are hit as hard as everyone else.... also I bet a lot of us are ordering more just because we are stuck inside and are bored!

I waited for one order from Dixie and decided I wouldn't do that again. They're 90 miles north of me so I just make a little road trip when I want something. Everything I've decided to get has had a $16.95 shipping charge and I burn $20 worth of gas round trip up there and don't have to wait for it.
I do believe they are short handed though. Every time I've been up there, there's only been 2-3 cars in their parking lot and I've only seen two ladies working inside the store.
I worked at a USPS distribution center for 26 years and won't even try to cover all the possibilities or reasons for their slow deliveries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tis the season, and to think Santa can deliver all those presents in just one night.
1608250601083.png

Never underestimate zippy the postal snail. Last summer it took 21 days for my rifle barrel to travel from St. Paul,
MN to Bob Hoyt in Pennsylvania. I thought it was lost but thankfully Mr. Hoyt finally got it. The return trip to me was only five days. Also mailed a package (first class Priority) to my brother just outside of Baltimore. Tracked the thing from Minnesota to Los Angeles, then on to Baltimore. Los Angeles? Really? That one took much longer too.

You all sound like a bunch of ole ladies sitting on the park bench,Its the season,everyone is ordering on line.

Muzzle blast was mailed 11/20. Not received in georgia yet.

From NMLRA:

Wonder if they will accept the check is in the mail when my subscription is due?

you can thank the USPS for their incompetence, or at least their inability to deliver mail in a timely manner. I am the Editor and I still don't have my December issue myself! Everything was edited and sent to the printer on schedule, but one can only guess what happened after that? This is not a good situation for us; or, for our country. Sincerely, Dave Ehrig

Well just heard from the place I ordered the nipples from, they're OOS, expected within a week. I don't get to shoot as much as I want, so I told them to leave the order open and ship when they get them in.

Latest posts

Back