• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

DGW shipping

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snuffy19608

32 Cal
Reaction score
Just in case anybody has ordered or is considering ordering from Dixie Gun Works, I just got off the phone with them and they are about 3 weeks behind. For example, the 1861 Navy I ordered on 12/10 is reserved for me (got one of the last ones) but won't ship until after Christmas.

I'm not complaining, just sharing the info. Merry Christmas everyone!

Thanks, Snuffy. I understand the major carriers (UPS, FedEx, etc.) are just about overwhelmed right now, with online and mail order holiday shopping increased this year, not to mention the first COVID vaccines are shipping out right now. It's good that Dixie can take the order and reserve the item for you.

Notchy Bob

When I ordered 2 weeks ago, Dixie told me then 2 weeks just to get it out of their building, that did not count transient time.

If you want it from Dixie might just to have to drive there.

Yeah it was in stock when I ordered it and the next day when I went back to ogle err, check the specifications but today shows unavailable. So I called just to make sure it wasn't sold out before I got one. The lady says it's sitting there, but they have so many orders it'll be after the holiday. Good to know, but now I might have to go to Dixons and see what's in their case. My NMA is lonely, lol.

Yeah, uh no. I drive an hour to work 6 days a week, not driving from Pa. to TN on my day off. I'm getting old, my butt won't like it, lol.
I've long wanted to drive to Dixie from Phila. area; just to have an excuse to drive thru the historic areas & see battlefields, etc., on the way! I've been getting DGW catalogs since the early '70's!

Don't know.

A while back I considered moving up to a Pedersoli Hawken in maple. Driving to Dixie would be an 8 hour drive one way. Huh?

If I order, I take what they send me. If I make the drive, I get to pick the one I want, i.e., quality of the wood and fit.

I have been wanting an 1860 pistol. I can chose Uberit or Pietta and they send me what they want from inventory. If I make the drive, I get to pick the one I want between Ubeti and Pietta, side by side comparison.

I could make a 2 day road trip or wait weeks.

Huh?

I ordered wads and patches and a pedersoli kit on December 1. Still in shipping. Can they be that busy or are they short staffed? I just sent them a 'what's going on' note. I ordered display stands from Midway and got them in a week. I guess it's not a fair comparison. I wonder about Old South.

I had the same issue ordering from Midsouth shooters supply. From the time I hit the confirm purchase it took two weeks to ship and 9 days to get here from one state away. Everyone is backed up with orders.

I had the same issue ordering from Midsouth shooters supply. From the time I hit the confirm purchase it took two weeks to ship and 9 days to get here from one state away. Everyone is backed up with orders.
Muzzle blast was mailed 11/20. Not received in georgia yet.

Ordered another Hawken Dec 1st still waiting. Called yesterday, they are filling orders from Nov 30th, hopefully on the way soon. I don't think it is the carrier problem (still at DGW) must be short staffed or ?????

Don't know.

A while back I considered moving up to a Pedersoli Hawken in maple. Driving to Dixie would be an 8 hour drive one way. Huh?

If I order, I take what they send me. If I make the drive, I get to pick the one I want, i.e., quality of the wood and fit.

I have been wanting an 1860 pistol. I can chose Uberit or Pietta and they send me what they want from inventory. If I make the drive, I get to pick the one I want between Ubeti and Pietta, side by side comparison.

I could make a 2 day road trip or wait weeks.

Huh?
Sometimes a store will only have one of a particular item in stock; they may not have 5 or 6 to compare, just mentioning. I have an 1860 from the old Armi San Marco, which Uberti bought, and the specx were the same on them. Uberti is now owned by Beretta corp., I believe. Good luck with your 'finds'.

I understand delays when leaving shipping. I did contact DGW through their 'contact' connection on their web site asking for an update on my order from Dec 1. And today I get an email with item listing and note saying it has left shipping today. Oh well....squeaky wheel get the grease, I guess.

I know your pain😣 I ordered some patches from Track and the delivery time is from 5 - 20 days. Called the Log Cabin Shop as I ordered some Hickory Ram Rod blanks. She said I was the 15th caller and the blanks are now in Nashville for some reason then they'll be sent North again to NJ. :dunno:

Back