• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

The Rifle Shop - Great response!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couple months ago Track had a Swedish Doglock for sale with a 3 foot bayonet built by Mr Melot, owner of TRS- Jane’s husband.
It sold fast for over 4600.
Being a dumb Swede I HAD to have one so I called TRS for a couple days- no answer. I emailed Jane and asked if they were going out of bidness… got a prompt reply No! our phones were down, now their back up.
I asked if they had any of the 3 Doglock parts sets in their catalog in stock- No.
I asked about an 1805 Harpers Ferry pistol set and she said yes, in stock. When I asked for an assembled lock she said we no longer do that, we just send all the castings, but I can give you the number of a couple guys who can assemble them for you.
I went ahead and ordered the raw castings because I have three drill presses, I can drill holes, they just usually aren’t where they need to be.
Since it’s not here yet I figure a year, give or take.
Then a couple weeks ago a feller on this forum told me he ordered the same 1805 HF pistol kit 2 1/2 yrs ago!!
Hope they both show up before TRS really does go outta bidness….

1692815743570.png

I think I'll order from the Rifle Shoppe. I have always wanted the Corsican 8 bore fusil presented to President Washington by Count Undelini. That Fusil was made by Johahhn Shrekmier the gunsmith of Royalty. The gun is on display at Mount Vernon in Washington's bedroom closet. It's the gun that has Washington's booger on the stock. Known in enthusiasts' circles as the Undelini/Shrekmier Fusil aka the Booger Gun.
1692817067507.png

It's your lucky day. We have all the stuff in stock for the Booger Gun. We even have the booger casting. It'll be there.......Friday, on a Friday. Friday is a good day.
1692817444785.png

You ordered from the Rifle Shoppe too Ehhh!!!!!???? I better call shipping.
1692817634898.png

Shipping
1692818457771.png

Pilgrim, you ordered from the Rifle Shoppe, didn't you? I could tell right off. I bet she said Friday. It's always Friday.
I'll call again.
1692818836747.png

Ring.....Ring.....Ring......Ring....
1692819583661.png

Will, will,.......will I ever get my, my stuff?
1692819221694.png

Some may say you never ordered those parts.
Some say you will get them.
Some say you never will.
You have become part of the legend.
Remember the Booger Gun Lives in you.
1692820696369.png

And some folks say, his parts are out there still....

View attachment 247349
I think I'll order from the Rifle Shoppe. I have always wanted the Corsican 8 bore fusil presented to President Washington by Count Undelini. That Fusil was made by Johahhn Shrekmier the gunsmith of Royalty. The gun is on display at Mount Vernon in Washington's bedroom closet. It's the gun that has Washington's booger on the stock. Known in enthusiasts' circles as the Undelini/Shrekmier Fusil aka the Booger Gun.
View attachment 247362
It's your lucky day. We have all the stuff in stock for the Booger Gun. We even have the booger casting. It'll be there.......Friday, on a Friday. Friday is a good day.
View attachment 247363
You ordered from the Rifle Shoppe too Ehhh!!!!!???? I better call shipping.
View attachment 247364
Shipping
View attachment 247373
Pilgrim, you ordered from the Rifle Shoppe, didn't you? I could tell right off. I bet she said Friday. It's always Friday.
I'll call again.
View attachment 247375
Ring.....Ring.....Ring......Ring....
View attachment 247381
Will, will,.......will I ever get my, my stuff?
View attachment 247377
Some may say you never ordered those parts.
Some say you will get them.
Some say you never will.
You have become part of the legend.
Remember the Booger Gun Lives in you.
View attachment 247394
And some folks say, his parts are out there still....
Nicely done!

Wow...
Traveling to the CLA show, sitting in the Dallas airport, I was talking to my friend Ron (who is VERY knowledgeable about Jägers & flintlock gun building) about wheellocks and building one. He said just order a set of castings from TRS and check them out. I thought.. why not, about the price of a Chambers flintlock, so I called them... and... they answered!
Judy (I think that was her name, very nice on the phone.) Asked me what I wanted. I asked for a #535 wheellock set of castings. She put me on hold to go check stock...
She came back shortly and told me they have them in stock and wondered if I would like the screw set also for them (I would have forgot...) I did, she asked if I wanted anything else before she went to check on the screw set. I asked her what wheellock "key" / spanner wrenches fit this set of castings. She put me on hold and came back with the info. She checked to ensure that the "key" fit and was in stock!
So... I said ship them! She took my info and said that they would ship out the next day and I should have them early next week!
Ron told me to go buy a lottery ticket since he has not heard of anyone getting through by phone or getting parts without a lot of waiting.
When they arrive i will post a review of the parts.
I told Judy that I was surprised that anyone answered the phone and she told me that they are working hard to get orders out and keep their customers happy.

Take care all!

William
Same experience I had several years ago with ordering a Dutch matchlock musket and a Swedish snaphaunce fowler with the assembled lock! I guess it depends on what they have in stock and if someone is near the phone!

Update...
After being upset about being lied to I called TRS. Amazingly, Jane answered the phone. I told her who I was and I was calling about an order. She said she remembered me and that she was going to call me because she found out the parts I ordered were, in fact, not in stock. I explained to her that I would rather just be told the actual situation rather that feel lied to. She agreed. I asked if she had the smaller, pistol, wheellock set in stock and she said yes. And the screw set? Yes. So I ordered it.
Guess what...
It shipped out on Friday! I recieved a tracking number and the parts arrived today! Monday. Less than a week after ordering!
I sure hope businesses realize that not everyone need something "right-away" or lip service to that fact.
Honor and integrity is almost absent in today's world.
Do the right thing even when no one is looking...
I am please with the parts I recieved. Will take some work, but it is the experience of building the locks that I am after.
Thanks again to The Rifle Shoppe for re-building my trust in them.

William

Update...
After being upset about being lied to I called TRS. Amazingly, Jane answered the phone. I told her who I was and I was calling about an order. She said she remembered me and that she was going to call me because she found out the parts I ordered were, in fact, not in stock. I explained to her that I would rather just be told the actual situation rather that feel lied to. She agreed. I asked if she had the smaller, pistol, wheellock set in stock and she said yes. And the screw set? Yes. So I ordered it.
Guess what...
It shipped out on Friday! I recieved a tracking number and the parts arrived today! Monday. Less than a week after ordering!
I sure hope businesses realize that not everyone need something "right-away" or lip service to that fact.
I am please with the parts I recieved. Will take some work, but it is the experience of building the locks that I am after.

William
It's always a Friday.

I’ve only been waiting a few months for a Harpers Ferry pistol but there’s a member here who’s been waiting for 2 1/2 years for the same 1805 parts set…
Just sayin’
I waited 6 years for parts, supplied the barrels, and received 2 inletted pieces of garbage with no ramrod channels drilled. 10 years and waiting for thier response to my email....

To be fair there is a lot of shops that cater to this crowd that treats their customers poorly. FCI barrels and Blakely and sons are a couple more that have unbelievable wait times with poor to non exist communication skills. I console myself while waiting that it's probably their way of being period correct. Back in the 18th century if I ordered gun parts from the old country, I imagine that it would take a long time to deliver said order by land and sea and communication would have been difficult.

I wonder what the wait times were for person in 1780 if they ordered parts from London to be delivered to Boston. I could have got my parts quicker if I had ordered it at the Green river rendezvous in the 1830s.

We should thank these companies for giving us a chance to experience what it must have felt like back then to get your orders. Plus the uncertainty that even if it did ship if it would reach you due to the hazards of moving goods using ships and overland dangers. Thanks ups, fed ex, and usps. In that regard we're all getting more historically correct.

Last edited:
Update...
Guess what...

William
Please post a build log, once you get to work on them! Are you planning on using them for a German style hunting rifle?

I e-mailed several questions about a custom profiled barrel to Mr Burton at FCI, and each time he responded - with details - within 24 hours. I thought that was good for a 'one man show'. I plan on ordering the barrel this winter.

Latest posts

Back