• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Where do you store your powder?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a "best practice" for storing bp? I just keep it in my gun safe.

Are you familiar with the concept of a "pipe bomb"? There's a reason modern magazines are designed to fail in a safe direction in case of ignition. Powder develops it's power through containment. I store mine on a shelf in a cool, dry place that isn't "contained".

Are you familiar with the concept of a "pipe bomb"? There's a reason modern magazines are designed to fail in a safe direction in case of ignition. Powder develops it's power through containment. I store mine on a shelf in a cool, dry place that isn't "contained".
roger that! taken care of. Thanks or taking it easy on me

Mine
3091D9A2-BF9C-4AA7-9F1A-B21676D35349.jpeg
44626B8A-CF47-48D4-9399-BD7394960535.jpeg

I store mine in the original manufacturers boxes then in a wooden box. I keep one in the shop in the far corner under the shelf on the floor where it is cool and at least 25' from any sparks or heat heat source. I have another wooden box I keep in the barn.

In the manufacturers container each of which is in a segmented woden box out in the converted piggery in the garden.
I wonder about the sanity of those storing explosives in their house!

No, I have about four pounds left still. I mix it one part in four with GO and am happy with it.
I swab between sots so don’t have a fouling problem.

Back