• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Powder RE packaging

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well guy's, if you are like me, you have reached that age where the wife (if married) makes you take a double hand full of vitamins every day.
sometimes twice a day. and being a Scot, she buys said vitamins by the bushel. they come in plastic bottles the same size as powder bottles.
most are dark green or white.
i probably have 20 filled with different grades of powder. a sharpie tells me what grade. and most come with a little packet of absorbent.
20231101_094307.jpg

Last edited:
Now, that’s smart! Sounds like the problem has been solved.

I would have genuine concerns about putting smokeless powder in blackpowder containers, but this is the other way around, and the new photographic labels will make identification of the contents easy and unequivocal.

Goex and Swiss used to make decal-type logo stickers that they would hand out at shows or simply mail to you on request. I’ve used these to put on the outsides of storage boxes. However, these were just generic logo stickers with no way to indicate specific granulation or other details.

If possible, I would like to see a photo of the replacement powder cans or bottles with the new label. Just interested in how it turns out.

Best regards,

Notchy Bob
Well here’s the final result before labeling and after. I think it’ll be safe in these.

The metal cans that acetone comes in would be ideal. You could store the acetone in a jar and then use the can for BP. The excess acetone would easily evaporate out before you're using it. If you're using a mason jar for the acetone you need to put aluminum foil over the top before putting the lid on because the fumes will eat the seal.

The metal cans that acetone comes in would be ideal. You could store the acetone in a jar and then use the can for BP. The excess acetone would easily evaporate out before you're using it. If you're using a mason jar for the acetone you need to put aluminum foil over the top before putting the lid on because the fumes will eat the seal.
Well, one could do that but when there’s a possibility of breakage I believe I’d rather there was BP in the jar than acetone. Thanks for your brainstorming anyway.

Now; where is that member a month or so ago that took BP and Smokeless to the range, accidentally grabbed the Wrong bottle and blew half his hand off?

....just thinking (going to stop now, getting a headache)

Just Be Careful Out There!

Latest posts

Back