• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Built a serious gun safe! Bank Vault

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was looking for a vault door to build a safe room. Protection for guns and other valuables. My search popped it with a bank vault. A local jewelry store was expanding with a new store and decided not to. "Modulare Bank Vault" for sale. I talked with the seller and he said that he wanted to sell it since it was at a friend's store.

The friend after tripping over it for seven years and was telling the seller, if he did not move it, the 'friend would haul it to the dump and make the seller pay the fees. After a couple of two weeks, the seller sold it to me for $800, but I had to move it within a week. It weighed about 45tons.

Another friend with a lowboy (Flatbed semi) and agreed to bring it to me for $500. OK! So I rented a forklift and put it together with my wife, four spaniels and my big dog, Xander. 10 feet high, ten feet wide and 20feet long. So here is my gun safe. The door weighs about 6,000 pounds. Vault is rated at TL90.

Well enough chatter, here it is.

Fantastic!
When I attended Oklahoma State University many years ago, I helped a neighbor build a 15' x 20' "gunroom vault". Two layers of concrete/rebar filled cinderblocks, suitable floor/ceiling, and the vault door from an old pharmacy.

Fellow had an outstanding collection of firearms!

Well done indeed, which reminded me of a friend who had a business in Sydney, The Colonial Gun Shop.
He rented a former bank premises which conveniently had a vault.
So it became the pistol safe.
The premises were old and constructed of soft sand-stock bricks.
Some crim(s) broke in to the shop next door and cut their way into his “vault” which had no secutity behind the lining.
Strongest part was the door. ☹️☹️☹️

Don't know where the cross out line is coming from.

HELP !

Last edited:
Fantastic!
When I attended Oklahoma State University many years ago, I helped a neighbor build a 15' x 20' "gunroom vault". Two layers of concrete/rebar filled cinderblocks, suitable floor/ceiling, and the vault door from an old pharmacy.

Fellow had an outstanding collection of firearms!
Most valuable thing is the vault. Beyond some old black powder rifles and a few clay shooting shotguns, I don't have a great collection of firearms. I do have a few antique cars.

The Vault is rated TL90. It would take 90 minutes with a thermal lance to make a hole in it. The door is about 14" of stainless steel. Ungodly high pressure concrete with some kind of steel inside. I tried to research and got zip.

Mine's not that good by a long shot, you got a dream safe there! All it needs now is some mood lighting and polished walnut wraparound display furniture, some easy chairs, and a wet bar. Mine is designed to keep a meth head with a crowbar out long enough for the silent alarm system to do its thing.

The music is just awful 😖 had to turn the volume off, you could have warned a guy....Good job on the vault 👍 I love projects, the bigger the better!
Sorry. I got into national anthems. Rousing music. The background is techno version of the Chinese national anthem sung by Leon Lai.

And I thought my little safe was "overkill"
17040737169314399630843040366577.jpg
17040737169314399630843040366577.jpg

I was looking for a vault door to build a safe room. Protection for guns and other valuables. My search popped it with a bank vault. A local jewelry store was expanding with a new store and decided not to. "Modulare Bank Vault" for sale. I talked with the seller and he said that he wanted to sell it since it was at a friend's store.

The friend after tripping over it for seven years and was telling the seller, if he did not move it, the 'friend would haul it to the dump and make the seller pay the fees. After a couple of two weeks, the seller sold it to me for $800, but I had to move it within a week. It weighed about 45tons.

Another friend with a lowboy (Flatbed semi) and agreed to bring it to me for $500. OK! So I rented a forklift and put it together with my wife, four spaniels and my big dog, Xander. 10 feet high, ten feet wide and 20feet long. So here is my gun safe. The door weighs about 6,000 pounds. Vault is rated at TL90.

Well enough chatter, here it is.

Where in Atlanta are you located? Could you post photographs of your collection? Also, please keep everyone here and on FB up to date as to when you are out of town.

Why on earth would you basically post a challenge to all the nefarious characters that are on the internet?

Latest posts

Back