• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Weather

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have a 17 yr. old Navajo/ Irish girl next door. She is as kind , tough , and pretty as any. She shovels snow in her bare feet. Asked her why she doesn't wear shoes when she shovels , says it makes her tough. I guess , Gooda reason as any
If I was not already happily married I'd want an introduction.

Have a 17 yr. old Navajo/ Irish girl next door. She is as kind , tough , and pretty as any. She shovels snow in her bare feet. Asked her why she doesn't wear shoes when she shovels , says it makes her tough. I guess , Gooda reason as any.
those genetics have produced some of the most beautiful women. and if they happened to be Red haired, some of the deadliest.

I hunted once when the temps were about zero all day. Had to stop and build a fire about mid morning.

The shortest day of the year and least solar illumination occurs on December 21. Can somebody please explain why the coldest days of the year happen after that when the days are getting longer again? I'm looking at low teens for the next week.
The actual effects of the shorter days takes time to settle in and have an effect. Hence the actual temps are lagging behind the length of a day.

I took part in an early Spring shoot in New England years ago, it was nasty cold. The only thing that kept me going was being able to warm my hands between as needed. The bathrooms had hot air hand dryers instead of paper towels, that was a blessing and something I used often during the event.

I’m fortunate. Spent a life time working outdoors, but have a life membership to a Gun club that has out and in door ranges. Shoot twice a week, most weeks, regardless of weather. Under 50 degrees indoors. Of course the indoor is limited to handguns and 22 rifles. no black powder. Fortunately I have most varieties. 😁

IMG_6960.jpeg

These guys are shooting.

I would say about 60 degrees is my cut off point now. I have an 800 yard range out of my shop.

In South Texas it was 34 degrees this morning and I chose to go to church instead of hunting. Thinking it was about 74 there. The cold air has finally reached us.
We just passed through Hamilton TX (16 Jan) and truck says 27f. I heard warmer temperatures Thursday. We’ve been towing a winterized RV 3 days now all the way from Denver and are looking forward to a shower and an indoor terlit. At some point ‘tween here and FL we should be dewinterized. Gonna work on the Lyman GP .54 Pistol until its completion.

Latest posts

Back