• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

too complicated

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one lives near me. We have ridden it.

IMG_2434.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2419_1570468613186.jpg
    IMG_2419_1570468613186.jpg
    561.4 KB · Views: 0

Attachments

• View-From-Cupola-Trains-Passing-9122020-Reduced-2048x1401.jpg
    View-From-Cupola-Trains-Passing-9122020-Reduced-2048x1401.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • 111-High-Bridge-6.22.19-For-Website-2048x1287.jpg
    111-High-Bridge-6.22.19-For-Website-2048x1287.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
So I found a folder and took a picture of it. Now, do I insert it into the floppy drive to make the computer "put it here," or what exactly is the next step?

Copy it from your file, and then paste it right here in your post - it might take a second or so, and that's it. It really is that easy. (What's a 'floppy drive'?)

1687014522755.png

Yup!

Like we're going to die in or sleep and all of our cherished possessions will be tossed into a rented dumpster.

Sometimes I feel like I should sell everything now and get things into the proper hands. Hands that will appreciate my stuff.

But then I think: What if I live another 40 years.

The only solace is knowing that when I'm dead, I won't know that my stuff was thrown away.

Fortunately, I'm pretty sure my son will be glad to take ownership of my prized possessions. He likes to shoot also, not only black powder but my unmentionable firearms as well. At least those he could take back to California with him. He might try to take some of the other stuff (unmentionables) but I have advised him against it, having a criminal record if he's caught with some of it isn't worth it. Nothing I have is illegal here in Idaho but California, who knows any more?

Boy howdy did this thread run plumb off the tracks 😉

I'm in same jam as JamesA. I have a son in NYC he's not big on hunting or shooting he does enjoy plinking a little but it's not high on his list of fun things,I have a daughter that Lives in LA California she is definitely my daughter,she Loves shooting,hunting,fishing, driving way to fast,taking Dad's feed truck mudding and pissing dad plumb off getting stuck 😁👍.

Both would like a few of my guns but both also know they can't have any for son or just a few for daughter,so what do I do with them ? Some are just guns but several are heirlooms from my dad and my Grandpa,My wife has bunch from her dad she don't want to see go to strangers too she only has 1 daughter and she is mentally handicapped so no way she can have any,it bugs me on what we should do,between us we probably have 20 or so that are special,the others we would rather stay in family but not huge deal if sold to strangers.

Hopefully one of us can stick around long enough that one of my knothead kids move where they can keep some guns.

I could be the armory for a local militia. But no one will have a clue about the iron when I am gone. So favorite grand daughter will get a nice long rifle to remember me by. The rest is donated to the local Farmer Sportsman Association. They at least can put everything in their annual auction and derive some benefit while the guns go to appreciative buyers.

Family heirlooms might make a nephew or great nephew’s day if they could inherit grandpa or great grandpa’s firearm. We often see or read here of someone talking about an ancester’s firearm that went to an uncle or other member of the family. I have family who will get those of mine that mean something. The rest can be sold. If I didn’t I have nephews and nieces who would probably love one of their grandpa’s or greatgrandpa’s guns.

I think about that often. I know a retired fellow in fragile health with no other family than an ill wife, has a million-dollar collection, but won't let anything go at all. Total denial of time and fate. Another similar guy I knew had a similar million dollar plus collection, who simply had a stroke and died. Many people made out "liquidating" all his stuff! We must Plan as we age!
I'm in the process of reducing my collection of unmentionables and have asked my children to choose want they wanted out of the dozens, they only selected two each. They are not shooters or collectors they didn't even select the most valuable ones just the ones they saw me using in their youth.
The rest will go on the auction block and momma and I will spend the money.

I could be the armory for a local militia. But no one will have a clue about the iron when I am gone. So favorite grand daughter will get a nice long rifle to remember me by. The rest is donated to the local Farmer Sportsman Association. They at least can put everything in their annual auction and derive some benefit while the guns go to appreciative buyers.
At least you have a plan. I know a collector that won't let a single button 'go', let alone his massive trove, which will be "looted" after he passes. I've seen it happen. Good for you. P.S.; you need to have a lawyer or responsible legal representative handle paperwork, so that there's no "shrinkage" before items see the auction block. ;)

At least you have a plan. I know a collector that won't let a single button 'go', let alone his massive trove, which will be "looted" after he passes. I've seen it happen. Good for you. P.S.; you need to have a lawyer or responsible legal representative handle paperwork, so that there's no "shrinkage" before items see the auction block. ;)
Yup...some guys want to enjoy it until the end. I'm not gonna go that way. I'm already letting go of a section of the collection. I will let more un-mentionables go as I run out of ammo for certain collectable unmentionables.

When a dear friend of many years died a few years back, his wife was left with a HUGE problem. Y'see, he'd survived three tours in Viet Nam as a combat medic, and amazingly never got a scratch, but he DID get a Silver Star. He promised himself when he came back off his last deployment that he'd buy himself at least one gun a month for the rest of his life by way of celebration.

And that's what he did, although he admitted to me that sometimes he saw two or three that he kinda liked..

I think he got back in '71 or '2, and he passed away in '20.

He left just under the 1000 - of all kinds except Class 3 - he never went for one of that type.

What his wife did, I don't know.

I have a hang tag on each of my firearms with date purchased, cost, description and approximate current value (which I update annually).....When the time comes, I am sure all will be ignored and disposed of who knows how. I don't think at that time I will care the least bit. Fun while it lasted!

Back