• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

too complicated

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup!

Like we're going to die in or sleep and all of our cherished possessions will be tossed into a rented dumpster.

Sometimes I feel like I should sell everything now and get things into the proper hands. Hands that will appreciate my stuff.

But then I think: What if I live another 40 years.

The only solace is knowing that when I'm dead, I won't know that my stuff was thrown away.

Not sure how that would promote fraud 🤔 are you suggesting that i or the OP or both of us are attempting to defraud?

You can probably relax. The OP has been silent on my offer.
Longcruise - I don't know you or the OP - probably both upstanding people. I do know that the OP has been a member for a couple months, with almost no interactions - while you have been a member for almost two decades and have several thousand messages and reactions. If you posted an item for sale on behalf of the OP, a potential buyer might consider the transaction to be much safer than he would if it were posted by the OP. Perhaps I am the lone ranger in this regard, but I tend to strongly consider the member's time on the forum and previous interactions when I am deciding whether to send a check or money order to a stranger. Best regards. Bill

If you posted an item for sale on behalf of the OP, a potential buyer might consider the transaction to be much safer than he would if it were posted by the OP.

Ok I'm seeing what the misunderstanding is. I offered to receive his pictures and post them in HIS for sale topic following his initial description and offering. Other than that I would have no involvement in his sale.

As said previously, I have heard nothing from him.

I think that if in doubt about any transaction that using an FFL holder on both ends of the transaction would ensure a safe sale for both parties. I know many here are opposed to doing so but it surely is a valid option.

Yup!

Like we're going to die in or sleep and all of our cherished possessions will be tossed into a rented dumpster.

Sometimes I feel like I should sell everything now and get things into the proper hands. Hands that will appreciate my stuff.

But then I think: What if I live another 40 years.

The only solace is knowing that when I'm dead, I won't know that my stuff was thrown away.
I think about that often. I know a retired fellow in fragile health with no other family than an ill wife, has a million-dollar collection, but won't let anything go at all. Total denial of time and fate. Another similar guy I knew had a similar million dollar plus collection, who simply had a stroke and died. Many people made out "liquidating" all his stuff! We must Plan as we age!

I posted some pictures of a rifle that I had obtained a couple of years ago but I'll be darned if I can remember how I did it. Aging minds are a mystery.

Latest posts

Back