• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

too complicated

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ever happened to just pain ole HOWDEE!
Years ago (I was younger and more trusting) I sent $7300 to a man in Utah to purchase a motorcycle that he had listed in Motorcycle Trader magazine. No guarantee or go between to ensure that the sale was legitimate or that he would ship the bike.

The bike arrived as described and I still own it. Would I be so foolish to do a similar purchase today? Not a chance!

Taking someone at their word now a days is more of a risk and can cost you big time. Better safe than sorry.

Who said they are Polaroids?? 😀 i have in my lifetime been a professional photographer. I'm pretty familiar with digital photography and email but there are many different methods of posting photos across the internet and the OP may not be familiar with this site.

Meanwhile, the OP seems to have gone elsewhere so why all this discussion on the classified forum.

Im going to hit post on this message and the next thing will be to hit report!.

i was wanting to sell my rifle but my computer skills are bad and i dont know how to get my pictures on the thread. I feel like an old cowboy seeing my lifestyle fading away and not wanting to embrace the future.
No offense friend, but I can't offer sympathy. You need to either embrace technology or rely on old school methods that most likely won't get you anywhere.

There is a guy near me with a car for sale in his front yard. He has had this car there for months. It's got a for sale sign on it. I stopped to talk to him one day. I asked if he had the car listed online. He just laughed and said he didn't know how to do that. I offered to list it for him and he refused and said he'd rather do it his way. Well his way isn't working out to well.

It isn't hard to learn how to navigate online. Many older folks are just too stubborn or afraid to try. I refuse to be one of those individuals.

Years ago (I was younger and more trusting) I sent $7300 to a man in Utah to purchase a motorcycle that he had listed in Motorcycle Trader magazine. No guarantee or go between to ensure that the sale was legitimate or that he would ship the bike.

The bike arrived as described and I still own it. Would I be so foolish to do a similar purchase today? Not a chance!

Taking someone at their word now a days is more of a risk and can cost you big time. Better safe than sorry.
Wow😮

No offense friend, but I can't offer sympathy. You need to either embrace technology or rely on old school methods that most likely won't get you anywhere.

There is a guy near me with a car for sale in his front yard. He has had this car there for months. It's got a for sale sign on it. I stopped to talk to him one day. I asked if he had the car listed online. He just laughed and said he didn't know how to do that. I offered to list it for him and he refused and said he'd rather do it his way. Well his way isn't working out to well.

It isn't hard to learn how to navigate online. Many older folks are just too stubborn or afraid to try. I refuse to be one of those individuals.
I think Sidney in some instances of issues like this you could be correct, but then I also believe there are folks, and I am one of them that just don't get it, I have tried and get so frustrated it gets to the point where it's just not worth it. I can do basic things as posting here but just cannot get the picture thing to work, believe me I have tried and tried. Like how the hell you get a picture from a cell phone to the computer then to the post.

I am in the same boat and is the reason I never sell online. Several people have had me send them pics with my cell to their cell. Neither the wife nor I ever have the time to sit down and try to put it together.

I think Sidney in some instances of issues like this you could be correct, but then I also believe there are folks, and I am one of them that just don't get it, I have tried and get so frustrated it gets to the point where it's just not worth it. I can do basic things as posting here but just cannot get the picture thing to work, believe me I have tried and tried. Like how the hell you get a picture from a cell phone to the computer then to the post.
Good for you! One huge help for this old man: I Google about anything I want to know. The key is to ask Google exactly what you want so you get an answer pertaining to your issue. If you are running Windows versus a Mac, then ya better say which one. Another big item. We all don't have a pile of money, but computers are just like a muzzleloader, you have junk, then you will struggle with moves within the tech world.

JMO
Larry

I email photos from my Apple I-Phone to my Comcast email address, open the email on my PC and download it to someplace I will know where it is at. Start your post on this forum and click the "Attach Files" orange bar at the bottom of you new post, use the directory that pops up to select the file you want to upload to the forum. I click "Insert" and that puts the full size photo in you post.

Simple once you do it a time or two.

Yup!

Like we're going to die in or sleep and all of our cherished possessions will be tossed into a rented dumpster.

Sometimes I feel like I should sell everything now and get things into the proper hands. Hands that will appreciate my stuff.

But then I think: What if I live another 40 years.

The only solace is knowing that when I'm dead, I won't know that my stuff was thrown away.
Keep your stuff until you turn your toes up for the last time! I have a terminal illness and sold all my rifles except my M.Ls. .I unloaded many books that I thought a lot of, I See my doctor every 3 months and to his , as well as my surprise I am finally in remission. Now I regret liquidating all my enjoyable items. Life will shoot you a curve now and then? I have to cut this post short I am going to my favorite sport store and buy some replacements! LOL!

Keep your stuff until you turn your toes up for the last time! I have a terminal illness and sold all my rifles except my M.Ls. .I unloaded many books that I thought a lot of, I See my doctor every 3 months and to his , as well as my surprise I am finally in remission. Now I regret liquidating all my enjoyable items. Life will shoot you a curve now and then? I have to cut this post short I am going to my favorite sport store and buy some replacements! LOL!
I wish the absolute best for you going, well, into the future.

Buy those replacements and enjoy them.

Pick a pic from your image folder, copy it - and put it here -

1686763728655.png

I have 2 old laptops that haven’t been used in 10 plus years. When I’m at home I use my ipad, which is getting long in the tooth, and at the camp I use my phone. Luckily uploading photos from either is very simple. Not sure I’d remember how to on the laptops though.

It's actually quite easy. You click the little picture icon when you create a post. That usually opens your picture gallery, then you find and click the picture, then click done and it'll upload. At least that's how I did it the last time I posted a picture.

It's actually quite easy. You click the little picture icon when you create a post. That usually opens your picture gallery, then you find and click the picture, then click done and it'll upload. At least that's how I did it the last time I posted a picture.
Thanks, kind of computer challenged here will work on it.

🤗😇

Latest posts

Back