• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Shooting the New Trade Gun

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see this is an old thread, but if you use a sight picture on a trade gun of being able to see just a hint of the wedding band, and the base of the front sight, you should be hitting on pretty close.

Noce gun, great pics. I look fwd to the shot photos Got Cards and ads yet?

How to bend the barrel?, sounds like something I'd do accidentally.
Thanks. I've made good progress with both RB and shot with her, just never got around to posting any results. When I get back to the camp I'll do some more shooting with it to show.

What kind of group you getting now and what would you be comfortable shooting say turkey (yardage wise). I must have a smoothie.
The only shot size I currently have is #6. But that was patterning ok at 25 yards with 60 grs 2F-fiber wad-80 grs shot-nitro card. So there’s still many combinations to try. I just need to get it and try them. Also thinking about making a small, simple V rear sight to install and try out.

The only shot size I currently have is #6. But that was patterning ok at 25 yards with 60 grs 2F-fiber wad-80 grs shot-nitro card. So there’s still many combinations to try. I just need to get it and try them. Also thinking about making a small, simple V rear sight to install and try out.
How bought some pics of those tests with shot TDM.😃

Come to think of it I don’t recall any pics of the gun ether .

Tom did you build the gun? Not recalling seeing any smoothbored gun coming from your bench.
You guys have memories almost as bad as mine!😉 I did a complete build thread on it. “Clay Smith Trade Gun Build”. I’ll see if I can post a link.

Back