• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

New to Muzzleloading

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berto

32 Cal
Reaction score
IMG_0660.jpeg
Hello, I’m new to muzzleloading I got a traditions blunderbuss kit around November. I sanded the stock down a little and cold blued the barrel. First time I’ve ever done anything like this Bought some pyrodex rs powder and a no. 11 cap maker from 22lrreloader also made a ramrod from a 1/2 dowel rod. I’m using some old cap gun rolls to fill the empty percussion caps and I’ve test fired a couple without any powder and I believe it’s enough to set off the powder. But I have yet to actually go out to fire any .53 round balls
IMG_0740.jpeg

Welcome from Wisconsin. Looks like a lot of fun, but be carful of that dowel as a ramrod, it is best to get a strait grain hickory, or a Derlin rod. I get my ramrods from Track of the Wolf or Log Cabin shop, they both have good selections of both. I have a TOTW Derlin rod with a .54 cleaning jag that has Tracks bullet puller under it. Very handy and I consider it the best bullet puller on the market.

Back