• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Not very bright

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It’s about 18f -8 C today, and a little windy. Anyone with half a brain would stay at home where it’s warm, have an adult beverage or two
Not me
Had to go and and shoot. I made up some paper cartridges for my doglock and took it out to see how they shoot.
.690 ball, 110 grains two f and as I’m shooting a doglock I felt safe shooting military style so primed first
I think my little girl needs a rear sight and maybe a thinner front. This gun is made as militia gun and front sight is also a bayonet lug, just like a bess
I shot thirteen, I had made fifteen but there were two guys there also too stupid to stay by the fire I let them each take a shot
Had to hold high to get it on, was aiming at top center sight in target

Attachments

• IMG_6645.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Put a new higher front sight on her , and go back to the range , with file in hand. All I can say is , You DA Man , 90 gr FFG........690 ball. That's the load I used to use in a .62 long rifle , 90 gr. FFG. w/.610 prb. My old sick shoulder , and bad eyes , finally made me sell the best deer rifle I ever had.

Preparing down here for 10 degrees and freezing rain and snow come Monday. Very rare. I'm gonna have to get out in it and shoot some just because of that and the experience, which in my 50 years has only presented itself very few times (count on one hand). Otherwise, I'll be sitting by the fireplace and episodes of Newhart on a playlist, designing this new pistol build in my head. Good times.

Put a new higher front sight on her , and go back to the range , with file in hand. All I can say is , You DA Man , 90 gr FFG........690 ball. That's the load I used to use in a .62 long rifle , 90 gr. FFG. w/.610 prb. My old sick shoulder , and bad eyes , finally made me sell the best deer rifle I ever had.
The guns right at ten pounds and a huge buttplate. Didn’t notice much of a kick

I was going to say your gun wants to group. That's got to be comforting.
We are waiting for the Canadian air here in the Rolling Plains of Texas, due this afternoon. We will see single-digits and wind chills near zero. I wish they had taken the trouble to insulate the exterior walls when this house was built in 1964!

Where da picture go?

Oh ok, I clicked on it👍🏻.

That's good shooting for ten yards!
It was ten yards yeah??
😁
Patrick McManus wrote a short story on his first deer. First deer may be not much bigger then rabbits when shot, but over the years grow to the stag king of the forest… majestic beyond words, so that a hush fell over the woods when the deer fell.
Sure enough that works with targets. That was fifty yards when I shot it, a hundred when I got home, and I checked on it this morning and it was already two hundred. Should be 1/4 mile by the end of next week

yep, first winter weather this year +3F and going down all day- hope to get to the range this weekend so the oldest son can finally shoot my Kibler Colonial.

I was going to say your gun wants to group. That's got to be comforting.
We are waiting for the Canadian air here in the Rolling Plains of Texas, due this afternoon. We will see single-digits and wind chills near zero. I wish they had taken the trouble to insulate the exterior walls when this house was built in 1964!

They did....it's called "Asbestos siding".

I used to live near Decatur, in a trailer house, on the NW side of one of those rolling slopes, near the top, where I could watch the tornados come from a long ways off.

I looked outside once or twice and that's as ambitious as I got. Temp was 32 below when I went to bed last night. Up to a balmy -22 this am with a 10-15MPH wind makes it to COLD to hunt coyotes.

Latest posts

Back