• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Post Hawken Here Trilogy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats all 5 shots out of the unfired Santa Fe at 45 to 50 yds covered by a quarter. fred :hatsoff:

Hey Fred good to see you got sprung! Nice groups you got there. When you going to post the .62?

Tell us what load combo's you used on those targets Fred. Now ya get those down to dime sized groups and I'll be impressed. :grin: Just kiddin'.
Is that a 1 in 48" twist barrel? :rotf:

Cooner54 said:
Is that a 1 in 48" twist barrel? :rotf:

Oooooh.
smiley_stir_pot_ani.gif

You guys, :rotf: those are the 2 worse grps of 5. The pics of the 62 are to dark will see if we can get them up Sat or Sunday, those you cant belive ( Ill have to send it in to Musketman so he can test and ok them, 2 shots right thru the dimond at 20 yrds just 1 62 cal hole (.600)and i had just thrown the sights on and both my step kids was haveing to tell me what i hit 2X2' cardboard and no holes? I thought the sights have really got to be off :rotf: after those 2 shots i told them "well these sights are ok" :rotf: :rotf: . Will stain stock this weekend, well see how it comes out by next week. Fred :hatsoff:

Hey, that looks like a Hawken! Can't wait for the close up shots too, Fred. It's coming along pretty nicely I'd say. :thumbsup:

Im playing with the AF, and the old stand bys, want it just right, some time this week. Meetings with the kids school "plan his life people", run back to ER for some pills I got to take to stay alive time flys when your haveing fun :rotf: Fred :hatsoff:

Hey Fred, just what kinda pills? Didn't know they had "shoot real good pills" available! :rotf:

gmww said:
Hey Fred, just what kinda pills? Didn't know they had "shoot real good pills" available! :rotf:

Galena "lead" pills! :thumbsup:

Davy

You 2 find some send me a case please...... :grin: they are some "keep your heart beating pills" Llke I need those. FRED

Not to be confused with the little purple pills.

:rotf:

Got sprung from the hospital last night so slowly I'll get the pics of the last Hawken up in a day or so , want to thank Cooner54 for all the help, like sending one of his old used stocks so I could get a idea of how the real stocks are shaped, I had enough "Kit Carson" lock plate wood types so trimmming off the wood around the lock has been real fun :rotf: and getting a eggshapped forearm paper thin at the barrel ect, a lot goes into makeing a Hawken stock :shocked2: and this one isnt done I'm just takeing a rest. But no has anyone got a Fullstock, I got to try one of those in 62 cal, Ya I've been bitten by the 62 bug real bad! Fred :hatsoff:

Well glad ta see ya got sprung from the "hoosegow" Fred! Hope you are feeling okay! :grin: Be sure and get some rest afore you get after that .62! :thumbsup:

Davy

Hey Buddy! I'm looking forward to more of your posts when you've "RESTED UP". Take care and I'll keep my head down at work. I promise.

Good to have you back. Could I interest you in an 82 cal. barrel? You seem to like those big bores. This one has gain twist rifling designed for a long bullet. Has a breach threaded and fit but no tang yet. Half round/octagon, needs to be draw filed. come off a 20MM canon. Ought to rattel teeth, displace sholders and cause other mayhem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back