• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hawken Classic 2024 - New Venue

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The Hawken Classic 2024 has a new venue at The Lewis and Clark Boat House and Museum, and will be held on May 17-19, 2024.

If you would like to learn more, I will be keeping our website updated with the latest information.

https://www.gemmermuzzleloadingclub.com/hawken-classic/
I have also attached flyers, registration and other paperwork here. Hope you will consider coming to our event. The new location is superb!

IMG_4717.jpeg

IMG_4497.jpeg

Attachments

• hawken classic 2024 one page flyer.pdf
    342.2 KB · Views: 0
  • hawken classic 2024 trifold brochure.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • registration form.pdf
    156.9 KB · Views: 0
  • museum map 2.jpg
    museum map 2.jpg
    489.9 KB · Views: 0
  • registration form.xlsx
    68.9 KB · Views: 0
  • hawken classic 2024 participation rules.pdf
    152.2 KB · Views: 0
  • lewis and clark boat house and museum flyer.pdf
    1,013.3 KB · Views: 0
  • things to do in downtown st. charles.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
My friends would more than likely just show up Friday afternoon and register/set up camp if that is possible, probably same for me. I prefer to not pre-register in case something happens the day of and I have to cancel. Hopefully we will be able to get in and set up without any trouble, the rules do not say anything about vehicles in camp loading/unloading or if they do I have not seen it as of yet.

Last edited:
My friends would more than likely just show up Friday afternoon and register/set up camp if that is possible, probably same for me. I prefer to not pre-register in case something happens the day of and I have to cancel. Hopefully we will be able to get in and set up without any trouble, the rules do not say anything about vehicles in camp loading/unloading or if they do I have not seen it as of yet

The only problem is we have limited space for camps. About 40 spots for Vendors and Campers. We have about 10 spots already reserved. That leaves us 30 left. There is a big event going on same weekend in Missouri called Old Mines. Many rendezvous people are going there, but we should still be able to get 40 mountain man camps and vendors in my opinion. If you want to show up on Wednesday or Thursday during the setup time we may be able to fit you, I just can’t guarantee it. All camps should be up before Friday morning when the event opens to the public. This is a living history education event for the public. Hopefully many vendors and campers will be able to demonstrate craft skills from that period. Horn making, black smithing, Gun building, leather making, period clothes making, etc. We will have guest speakers on all history subjects related to this time period and an awesome display of original Missouri made rifles. Hope you can make it!

I know I've already said I'll pass on this one and I will be at old mines anyway but I have a question are they going to allow shooting at that location?
The city of St. Charles will only allow black powder shooting of blanks. No lead. We will have a canon fire and if anyone wants to shoot powder from the original Hawken brought by the Hawken Shop, they can fire over the river.

I kinda' figured that would be the case. I was a member of the "Corps of Discovery"
and helped build those boats in the museum. We had a mock battle there once and could only shoot blanks and had to leave our ramrods at camp.

Back