• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Post Hawken Here Trilogy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a rifle made from one of these barrels many years ago, the owner was about twice my size.

John I got to shoot such a rifle,( Hawken with grip) about 10 or 11 years ago, by the second shot I was sure I didnt want to do that anymore :youcrazy: I may be crazy but not nuts! Ive got to try out the 62 underhammer today and get my pics up of the Hawken up, the 1st shot out of the 20 mm did make a small tree go bye-bye but by the second shot I was flinching just holding that thing! :shake: :rotf: Fred :hatsoff:

00130011.jpg
albums

00130010.jpg
Dont know why this yellow is showing up its dark brown to black on the Hawken,maybe Davycan fix :rotf: Fred :hatsoff:

The AF ust didnt show in this film, it was near black to black every place you see yellow, and gold, also was just putting these pics up to show the wood that got taken off, see the start of Hawken 2 or the posy by Davy at top of page 2 or 3 to see how the wood looked around the lock. Fred :hatsoff:

Looks good to me Fred ... if its botherin you too much .. just send it my way! :hmm: :rotf:

Davy

Sure Davy will do :rotf: your the know all on such things was it the film or sunlite/flash that turnned all the black lines to yellow or gold :confused: the stripes are 3 color it depends how you hold it in the light. But I'll ship it off to you in the mornning :blah: this one just about killed me think since it shoots so good i'll keep it awhile :grin: have ya a good day Davy. Fred :hatsoff:

I found a Hawken today in a old shop , its a halfstock flintlock, all it has on it is "50 cal" Im going to try to get pics but to tell you a little about it/// what caught my eye first was it looked like black plastic stock, thinking it was a old rusted in..(dirty word) ine, then I saw the the cap was painted black as is the trigger guard, still we few that haunt the Hawken page( how many 1000s of views have we had over 3 Hawken sites now??) would know a Hawken even in semi dark behind other rifles ect, this one has a line inleted all around the stock,the lock, and silver stars,half moons down the forearm, ya it sounds like a nightmare,but it works real good except for the black paint on those parts, somehow I'll get a pic or two without the owner wondering why I want a pic of it and ask "how much" It looks somewhat like the ones in MB back in the 60s 70s maybe someone will know what or who made it(but Im sure it was not from a kit)..and to think i was just going to come on home from the hospital this mornning and pulled in to this place o see what he had. Stay Tuned. Fred :hatsoff:

Looks good Fred. I am surprised ya got it done so quick. That angel of a nurse let ya work on it in the hospital when the doctor wasn't lookin'?
Show us some targets when ya shoot it.

Also, am anxious to see the pics of the one ya found in that old garage. Maybe it's a old Green River Hawken. That would be cool!

This thing was made in 1990 with a lot of old parts,it was under a bunch of old ones to be cleaned (some rust ect) I got run off by the 2nd in command but think the boss is in Friday and will try again (hes the one with the 2 org Hawkens that will NOT let me take a pic of them, you got to wonder at least I do "How many of those are out in America we dont know of,the last time these saw light of day was in 1947). Fred :hatsoff:

The pixs didnt come out all that great but here ya go, story later Fred.
00500028.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back