• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Post Hawken Here Trilogy

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:grin: That's OK. They can read my posts and figure it out. Anybody have any more pix of Hawkens??? That's what we're here for. :applause:

Im workong on mine, can only move so much wood around a day,who else has one, or two, ,,FRED :hmm:

Now thats a "class" trapdoor? Proves you can Hawken anything and make it better. Nice3 find! FRED :hatsoff:

My new Ranson 50 cal Hawken(you might have seen it elsewhere around here).

standard.jpg

I've heard this asked on other threads but not well answered......what distinguishes the Hawken style from all others? :hmm:
Smokey.

This wont be of much help, weve been shut down because to many postings,over 300 and over 2000 something views each of the other 2 times, so we are trying to not talk about Hawkens here, Something we all want to do, so we dont get shut down over and over.A fast answer is.. the Hawken was made in it seems one way but kept changeing to the demands of its need in history, it has a very distinc line that you see or dont I guess. Not great answer but the best I can do in one space , maybe someone else will add to this. FRED :hatsoff: See Hawken 1 and 2 on here

Well, here's mine, I had asked if I could post it in the other thread, but got side tracked with shooting it. :winking: I'll warn you now, its incredibly non-PC,customized. Its a traditions st.louis hawken kit in .50 cal. that I got for this last christmas. I'm on a tigre themed kick with most of the things I make/cary so I inlayed a few on the stock. The writting is/are viking runes, spelling "north Tigre" as close as I could get to Ice Tigre. I realy enjoyed putting it together, was a good departure from knife making. Shoots great too! I'll prove that last part when I win the X stick contest.. :yakyak: :youcrazy: :rotf: :rotf: :bull: :v I've asked for the fullstock kit for my birthday next month....

anyway...

muzgunfullchair.jpg

northtigreGleft.jpg

northtigreGright.jpg

muzgunfullwall.jpg

Gary

Iffin she shoots plumb center .. thats all that matters! :thumbsup:

Davy

Thanks Guys!
I'm working a few improvements right now; I gotta get the barrel un-blued as I botched it, and I'm gonna brown it... bigger tubes for a 7/16" ramrod, and sling swivels....and I need to find iron sight that fit the hole spacing and dovetail size... this sport is a work in progress. :haha:

We're off to the range Sunday, I've got to get that target killed for the contest!

Gary
:redface: (got a little off topic)

Thanks for the help on that, knew what they are not how to read them, hows your Coptic? or old Greek? :rotf: TIGER as un pc as yours is,(go back and see Hawken "post your hawken photos here and Hawken 2) they did Hawken really make a shotgun type rifle like yours, youd have to change trigger guard , lock ect, and its all iron no brass but the look (also fixed sights) isnt that far off. WHAT ever happened to BILL of the 48ths pic of the GREM Hawken trapdoor? fred :hatsoff:

Me thinks it disappeared because it was not a muzzle loading Hawken. This is a muzzleloading forum. :hmm: That is my suspicion anywayz. :v

Was about to PM you, Yes thats right...But wasnt it a ML before they put that on the breech? or is it one thwat was built that way :hmm: :hmm: FRED

I think they were altered by Gemmer. Some may have been built that way from old parts trying to keep Hawken firm in the running. Just my supposition though. Don't know for sure.

"BILL of the 48ths"

It's the 45th Fred, at the 48th I'd be Canadian, or maybe Heaven forbid a Yooper :rotf:(that's what people in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan are called) Bill,
I don't know what happened either(the pics), been expecting a PM splaining, but none so far.

Hey Bill, If ya still have 'em handy maybe you can repost them on the any thing goes section. And more of them if you have detailed shots of the rifle. Caliber and other stats would be interesting to me. Maybe under Photos with a thread titled "Gemmer Hawken" so everybody can find them easy.
Thanks,
Don :thumbsup:

SOOO SORRY to have moved you so far :rotf: Cooners idea is a good one, the pics you sent are good! FRED :hatsoff:

what do you do when you get tired of sanding on the stock you go shoot. at 45 yards five 5 shot groups are the size of a quarte
00240023.jpg
r.

Howdy Fred, Good to have you back. It looks like you have a shooter there.
:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back