• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Guys vs Young Guys 2011, ends July 31st

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure, I'm game. But people if anyone is going to be embarrassed at where they place and can't realize what these shoots actually are...please don't play. Can't get any simpler than that. We're all adults here, lets have some fun.

Swampy said:
Well that can be a little misleading. A lot of us were within an inch of each other and most within two inches of each other, not really bad actually but the bottom 5 were in a group unto themselves. :haha:

told ya that lyman mold weren't no good,,,,these fancy bp arms take precision loading,,,calls fer a .570 ball......an the mold makes a 573......an the result...is...the dreaded..Bottom Five! :barf:
an that's a fact!

lonehunter said:
What? :shocked2: Just for fun? :shocked2:
I thought whatever team won, the other teams capt. had to wear a dress for a week and post pictures on the forum!
I think you would look good in pink Swampy!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Yeah, and I thought the winning team (the old guys)got a year's supply of GOEX! :wink:

GW

Many Thanks, Sir Richard the Lionhearted.

And YEAH, I agree with you, the whole driving force behind this was FUN, and sure, everybody wishes they could shoot one hole centered groups but hey, this is just a friendly summer pastime.

We all should just ease up and treat it as such. And like you said, I'm sure everyone would have gotten their deer humanely, so where's the sweat?

And until you factor in my target, I have NO IDEA where I'll end up, but all I know is it was a nice way to spend my birthday afternoon on a sunny New England Summer day.

I totally agree with yall. This is just for fun, and the only thing any of us can win is bragging rights. In the end, it's an excuse to go shoot, and the only person any of us really should be trying to beat is ourselves from the previous range session. :thumbsup:

Now having said that, I cant wait to find out how bad "Team Old Farts" lost to us! :blah:

I think everyone had a great time! (I know I did) and judging by some of banter that was,and is still going on we still are. Thanks Swampy and Jethro 224 for taking the time to gather up and score everyone's paper :bow: :applause: . Just wait till next year Young guys, us Old Guys will win next year :blah:.

123.DieselBenz said:
Jethro224 said:
Don't worry Stumpy. Even with 3 back-to-back fliers, you still scored better than over 19,850 other forum members who didn't even hit paper! :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

Yeah! I think it is great that we had about 40 participants! More than usual ...

We need to do another team competion ... Say cap/flint, rifle/smoothy, North/South, East/West, or small bore/large bore ...

Musketman did E vs W before. We even did US vs The World once. Cap/Flint or Rifle/Smoothie sounds like it might be fun. Heck, a lot of us could even shoot for both teams... :hmm:

armakiller said:
Just wait till next year Young guys, us Old Guys will win next year :blah:.

:hmm: You might even get really lucky and win this year. Give the targets a few more days to finish gettin' here.
I'm glad you all had fun. That is the ONLY reason we do these contests at all. :hatsoff:

Sorry, Swampy mentioned we probably lost in the swaged vs cast post. And like and old guy jumped in and added a post without seeing if we really lost. Which now that I check all the posts nobody has said who has won. So maybe we have won! :)

Swampy,
What do you mean "we're all adults here". I may be growing older but I refuse to grow up!!!!
Mark

armakiller said:
Sorry, Swampy mentioned we probably lost in the swaged vs cast post. And like and old guy jumped in and added a post without seeing if we really lost. Which now that I check all the posts nobody has said who has won. So maybe we have won! :)

Nobody knows yet. But I am glad you oldsters are ready to accept your certain fate. :haha:

:haha: :thumbsup:

I was bustin Brown Bear about not sendin in a target Armakiller when I posted that in that thread. :haha:

Grey Whiskers said:
Yeah, and I thought the winning team (the old guys)got a year's supply of GOEX! :wink:

GW

No, that's EXLAX for the old guys (iffin' they pull off a win)! :wink:

Papa,
You got that right :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
This contest was a real " blast "...and, all of the good natured ribbin' was a pleasure as well.
That being said, us Old Guys would graciously accept defeat by the Whippersnappers...if that were to happen :bull: :bull:
Next contest please :hatsoff:
NEVER :surrender: :surrender:
Shreck

Swampy said:
Hey you do alright for a smoothbore, hell I could cover em with my palm.

:( that was with the club! I shoulda used the smoothie! it'd been way better,,,,cannot believe how the club changes with a lousy .003 bigger ball..you can tell..loadin! gotta try them w/ .015 patch...but .575's stunk too,,,thinkin $75 fer new mold.. :barf:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is anyone else on my team thinking what I'm thinking? These old guys will use ANYTHING as an excuse. "I can't see like I used to", "these balls are the wrong size", "I shoulda used my other gun", "it was hot", etc, etc, etc. For the next contest, should we all just shoot for the opposite team, or are they going to accuse us of sabotaging their targets?

Just kidding, Y'all. Had to get one last one in before the results come out. On a serious note, why didn't anyone light a fire under me to do any of these before, and what's the next one going to be? Come on, some of us younguns dont have the attention spans that you old geezers have, and we need the next competition...

Thank you Jethro and Swampy!

Guys I've had a heck of a good time keeping up with all the banter going on with this match. Can't wait to see how bad we whupped the pups............watch yer top knot...............

Latest posts

Back