• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Old Guys vs Young Guys 2011, ends July 31st

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Team Old Farts,

Swampy - target is in
Makeumsmoke - target is in
Mad Irish - target is in
Grey Whiskers - target is in
Flaydermaus - target is in
PaulN/KS - target is in
Mike Brines
RC - target is in
Pete D - target is in
grzrob
Snowdragon
Homesteader
Brownbear
Buford - target is in
Marc Adamchek - target is in
Stumpkiller
jake2255
Papa - target is in
Danscottgerm - target is in
Armakiller - target is in
Hanshi - target is in
Deadeye - target is in
tiger955

Them sissipated young-ins let things like overwhelming odds and physical infirmity hold 'em back.

I almost ran out of time because my lawn mower had a few "issues" and what was supposed to be a minor repair turned into a two-week project.

HPIM2491.jpg

HPIM2497.jpg

HPIM2504.jpg

HPIM2507.jpg

HPIM2530.jpg

HPIM2534.jpg

It hadn't had brakes and the steering ball-joint was held together with wire and nylon cable ties, and I've been putting it off . . . about five years. Finally rode it backwards down a slope and almost flipped it (brake/clutch on one pedal so no brakes and no engine help when stomping the pedal!) and decided something needed doing.

Painted her up in Ford red-belly colors. :thumbsup: New brakes, new steering knuckles and bushings, new seat, tightened every fastener and replaced a dozen missing screws/bolts(!), dents pounded out AND CHAINS!

And that's why it took me so long to get a target mailed (my story and I'm sticking to it).

Stumpkiller,
Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah! :hatsoff: :hatsoff:
:bow: :bow:
Brought a tear to my eye...wonderful pics :thumbsup:
Shreck

Jethro224 said:
Sorry to hear about your knee Bilder. Get healed up soon.

What sucks is that I had my rifle in the truck and was going to the range right after work.

Was on my knees reaching a lower shelf and when I got up it snap crackled and popped and I went back down to the floor.

Doc says I have a small tear in the knee and it should heal itself in a couple weeks if I take it easy. Still hurts to move around much. So now I get to be the guy who sits and points at work rather than the one who gets the job done.

Just trying to avoid making it worse. Surgery is the last thing I need right now.

You're too young to be in the Arthrocscopic Surgery Club.

Dontcha have a neighborhood kid that can run the target out into the street and hold it up over his head long enough for you to get three shots off?

"Hey Timmy! Want to earn $2.00?"

Team Old Farts,

Swampy - target is in
Makeumsmoke - target is in
Mad Irish - target is in
Grey Whiskers - target is in
Flaydermaus - target is in
PaulN/KS - target is in
Mike Brines - target is in
RC - target is in
Pete D - target is in
grzrob - target is in
Snowdragon
Homesteader
Brownbear
Buford - target is in
Marc Adamchek - target is in
Stumpkiller - target is in
jake2255 - target is in
Papa - target is in
Danscottgerm - target is in
Armakiller - target is in
Hanshi - target is in
Deadeye - target is in
tiger955

Jethro, have my target and FullMetalSpoons target in th email. You should be getting it soon--I hope. Mine's the good one... :bull:

Sorry about that, bilder. You could have helped us take those youngsters out behind the woodshed. I would have had a perfect target except that I think we had an earthquake each time I fired. I know I can't miss on my own. :grin:

Stumpkiller, I NEVER fix anything that will cause me to work! :blah:

luie b said:
What is that in the second picture?

Swampy remembered. ;-)

A one in one-hundred-million chance that a feral fallow deer from a compound 10 miles away that had a "fence malfunction" when in the process of being shut-down for importing foreign deer without a permit happened to cross paths with me on my 20 acres when I was grouse hunting. It happened several years before I shot that one and only one other from 10 escapees has turned up. No ear tags, no tattoos (and likely no innoculations). I reported it and the DEC impounded/quaranteened it to test for CWD, rabies and tuberculosis(!) and eventually released the meat and antlers back to me. All the meat tasted like liver. :idunno:

So Swampy, you think we've distracted these short-attention-span young whippersnappers away from getting their shooting done yet?

Shot mine today . . . sending in tomorrow to Jim . . . not as good as I hoped, (less than 3" total) but at least I did it, been too long since I burned the black powder . . . life's been so busy!

Team Young Pup's:

Jethro224, target is in
Skunkskinner, target is in
Luie B, target is in
Born200Yrs2late
Roy
bilder, wounded
Vtsmoker, target is in
Buripity, target is in
Flintlock54
54mountain, target is in
lonehunter, target is in