• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

NMLRA championship shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Come with an open mind and heart and you’ll be amazed at all the different interest and venues.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and you’ll most likely be invited to shoot someone’s ML.

You will find all types of antique and modern muzzleloaders there. Make sure ya get to spend some time in the primitive area across the road from the venders and range. Huge flea market area just in town farther down. I've been goin since the late 70's.

It can be overwhelming at first but everyone there is super nice and helpful. Commercial row is a muzzleloading super market of anything you might want or need. The business owners are happy to advise and help any way they can as you try to find what you need. The firing line will be busy but is always fun to watch, especially the silhouettes and shotgun matches.
Don’t forget to cross the creek and visit the primitive side, youll find vendors there and even more shooting with some interesting matches.

All exciting news fellas! Hopefully I can finally meet some of the great people from our forum!
For those of you that dont camp do you just book a hotel in the surrounding town/area? Thanks!

You will enjoy the visit. I have been going to the spring event for years This year I hope to make the fall even for the first time. Think about going to camp for the week. Take all your muzzle loaders. The regular and primitive firing line folks will help you through. Yes, the muzzle loading vendors have most everything needed or not needed. Get the registration sent in early so you can pick up your participation badge at the target house on arrival. I usually get there the Friday prior to the start on Saturday to get camp set up. The cafeteria has good meals as do other local vendors. Be prepared to walk much. When first attending I tried many of the shooting events, rifle, pistol, musket and shotgun. I have settled into the trap range events. There are also some skeet, quail walk and sporting clays events. Many settle in to events they like best. A short visit will only make one wish to stay and participate. Or, to wait and come back to participate.

We are planning on coming up the Thursday before to set up in the Frontier Heritage campground as we already have reservations. Friday is always a fun day as most of the vendors are set up and selling. You may also see some walking around with a gun or something else for sale.

Depending on what direction you are coming from the decent places to stay are like 30 minutes. One has already mentioned Madison but I have friends that stay at Batesville. You'll just have to do a search and do it now as was already said.

Be aware that cell service can be quite sketchy there unless you have AT&T service as they have a tower located nearby....not sure what other service works. we use to have Verizon and it was useless.

Back