• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Jim & Barbie Chambers Where Are You?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't give a nickel to an organization based around anything that the people receiving the dues don't participate in.
Interesting point of view; is this a reference to the business manager not having a background in muzzleloading? If so, your reasoning is predicated on him never getting involved in the sport. I would hazard a guess that it won’t take long for the ‘bug’ to bite him, if it hasn’t already. Side note, yet relevant: almost 50 years ago, my dad and a dozen men in our area got tired of having to wait up to an hour for the 2 closest fire departments to arrive for a fire, at which time they almost always got into an almost physical altercation over who would be in charge. These men asked the residents to donate even though literally none of them had ever fought a fire before.

Interesting point of view; is this a reference to the business manager not having a background in muzzleloading? If so, your reasoning is predicated on him never getting involved in the sport. I would hazard a guess that it won’t take long for the ‘bug’ to bite him, if it hasn’t already. Side note, yet relevant: almost 50 years ago, my dad and a dozen men in our area got tired of having to wait up to an hour for the 2 closest fire departments to arrive for a fire, at which time they almost always got into an almost physical altercation over who would be in charge. These men asked the residents to donate even though literally none of them had ever fought a fire before.
I would not typically comment like this as I feel my actions for the association far outweigh words. As Backdraft stated it didn't take long as I already had a diverse background in other unmentionables. I am not only the proud owner of a "new to me" Navy Arms, 1858 Remington, I am in search of, and on the track of an early Yazel pistol. I have started in flintlocks, I participate in trap shoots, and silhouette events. I am scheduled to take range officer, range officer instructor, and cannon classes. I am also taking NRA range development classes. I am also a board member for the Gunmakers fair at Kempton. I could venture to say that I have already done more for the association outside of my job requirements than some members ever have. So in my opinion, mine only, I would say that I am involved.

You must be the new "manager of operations" right? The NMLRA has tried that before and it was a big flop, total waste of money. I understand you have no experience with muzzleloaders at all. Seems that would be a very important qualification for the job. Who interviewed you for the job? Did the BOD get to vote on it?
I like the fact a new person with a fresh outlook is in place, even if he is not an experienced muzzleloader. New ideas, new outlook, let's see what happens.

I would not typically comment like this as I feel my actions for the association far outweigh words. As Backdraft stated it didn't take long as I already had a diverse background in other unmentionables. I am not only the proud owner of a "new to me" Navy Arms, 1858 Remington, I am in search of, and on the track of an early Yazel pistol. I have started in flintlocks, I participate in trap shoots, and silhouette events. I am scheduled to take range officer, range officer instructor, and cannon classes. I am also taking NRA range development classes. I am also a board member for the Gunmakers fair at Kempton. I could venture to say that I have already done more for the association outside of my job requirements than some members ever have. So in my opinion, mine only, I would say that I am involved.
Mr. Coleman, have you gotten the PM I sent?

Hopefully soon there will be widespread interest in repeating the roles/actions our nation's founding fathers & citizen's took to create America before all truths, rights & morals are banned.

It was never my intent to smear the NMLRA or invite others to do that, when I started this thread . . it was really just to say I'd like for the Chambers to come back, for others not to leave commercial row, and if that means a change in NMLRA policy or a push back or appeal with a fire inspector, or an insurance adjuster etc, then do so to try to make sure we keep great vendors at Friendship. I hope Jim & Barbie Chambers come back and set up at the Fall shoot.. . and I hope their concerns can be addressed to make that happen for the sake of our hobby.

(I've been in Gettysburg this week w limited internet . . . I didn't mean to pull a pin on a grenade then leave. )

HOA - Home Owners Association...the bane of many gated and/or private communities. Since I don't golf, I doubt I'll ever deal with an HOA. Your mileage may vary.

Until next time...be well.

snapper

I fully agree with Backdraft's opinion above. Leslie Groves had no experience building an atomic bomb, but with organizational skills, and the right people around him, he put out a fine product.
his is true of most CEOs these days. Most have little knowledge of media, software, soft drink bottling. But most can switch gears and flip jobs and still be effective leaders.

It was never my intent to smear the NMLRA or invite others to do that, when I started this thread . . it was really just to say I'd like for the Chambers to come back, for others not to leave commercial row, and if that means a change in NMLRA policy or a push back or appeal with a fire inspector, or an insurance adjuster etc, then do so to try to make sure we keep great vendors at Friendship. I hope Jim & Barbie Chambers come back and set up at the Fall shoot.. . and I hope their concerns can be addressed to make that happen for the sake of our hobby.

(I've been in Gettysburg this week w limited internet . . . I didn't mean to pull a pin on a grenade then leave. )
Mac, no problem from me. I look at your post as an opportunity to hear issues such as this to listen to members and address concerns.

The problem about the doors are people with NO COMMON sense and to stupid to bend down....So instead of admitting they were stupid for not looking they think of a law suit ....Pathetic
Well, if you are organizing an event that you know a bunch of idiots will be attending, many of whom are wearing brimmed hats, know that these people often bump their heads on the doors, and yet choose to do nothing about it, then you can reasonably expect that someone will get injured because you did nothing about it while profiting from inviting these people attending your event. That makes you at least partially liable. In an ideal world, yes, people should take responsibility and duck. But they should also spend a bit of time trying to fix the issue. How hard can it be to identify the main problem ones and raise them up a bit? Or maybe post some watch your head signs up by the marginal ones?

In my limited experience one has the legal responsibility to mitigate known “dangerous” situations, not just inform visitors that the danger exists. By acknowledging the issue and doing nothing to correct it the NMLRA is liable for the results of said dangerous situation. That being said I accept responsibility for hitting my head on low doorways, others may not.

While a dozer would seem to be the easy solution, it is very complicated. All of commercial row is in a flood plain. If it is demolished, reconstruction would fall under the DNR rules for a new building in a flood plain. This would require the replacement structures to be one of two types, flow thru, or water tight. A flow through structure does not adequately address the security concerns of the vendors, and a water tight structure is cost prohibitive since flood doors are currently $17,000 each. Neither option would be a habitable structure meaning that no-one could ever sleep within the confines of the building. We are currently looking at multiple options to address the issues.

While a dozer would seem to be the easy solution, it is very complicated. All of commercial row is in a flood plain. If it is demolished, reconstruction would fall under the DNR rules for a new building in a flood plain. This would require the replacement structures to be one of two types, flow thru, or water tight. A flow through structure does not adequately address the security concerns of the vendors, and a water tight structure is cost prohibitive since flood doors are currently $17,000 each. Neither option would be a habitable structure meaning that no-one could ever sleep within the confines of the building. We are currently looking at multiple options to address the issues.
I never said it was an easily addressed problem! ;) I remember seeing pictures of all the vendors selling their goods out of the trunks of their cars in the old days. Simpler times eh?;).
I spent many a storm inside of my booth down there. I always wondered if this was the one that would take the place down.
How about bulldoze the heap down, back fill the entire area to bring it above flood level then allow any vendor to build a NMLRA approved building, like Tip Curtis did.

Latest posts

Back